Gibson Brands Forums

Need some help!

Bowdiddley

My sister who lives in Vidalia, Ga is up visiting this weekend and she has brought me a couple of 25lb bags of those incredible Vidalia Onions. She is friends with one of the growers wives and gets them about given to her.

Now I love onions prepared about any way possible, but 50 lbs is a lot of onions. Do any of you guys have suggestions other than giving some away, I always share stuff with my friends but I'll still have a bunch of sweet onions.

Chop and lightly cook some, then freeze them (you are an expert cook)........The extras, give to food banks, food kitchens, and ten pounds to dem00n............

Chop and lightly cook some, then freeze them (you are an expert cook)........The extras, give to food banks, food kitchens, and ten pounds to dem00n............

Shhhhh don't let my wife know that because she'll want me to do all the cooking!

Thats a great idea about the food kitchen, I hadn't thought of that! Thanks Damian!

Guest FarnsBarns

If you wrap them in news paper and put them in a totally dark, cool and dry place they'll keep for months.

Damian's right on with the food kitchen thing. There's more need today locally, I know, than 5 years ago.

Those onions are wonderful, though. Pile 'em on burgers cooked or raw, chop 'em in hash browns or fried potatoes of any sort...

m

My sister who lives in Vidalia, Ga is up visiting this weekend and she has brought me a couple of 25lb bags of those incredible Vidalia Onions. She is friends with one of the growers wives and gets them about given to her.

Now I love onions prepared about any way possible, but 50 lbs is a lot of onions. Do any of you guys have suggestions other than giving some away, I always share stuff with my friends but I'll still have a bunch of sweet onions.

Get a Deep frier and have a Bloom'n Onion Party for your entire neighborhood [cool]

Archived