Gibson Brands Forums

the 1st iconic geetoor

As a newbie just promoted to the lounge i thought i,d try and get some street cred and friends and things by telling you the story about my great great great grandfather of how he invented the first iconic geetoor, who went to america in the 1800s, we have family in new york and toronto, you know by that big water fall, the one lois lane fell in and superman had to rush off to the toilets and change and save her (at least i think it was the toilets let me know) Sorry i digress anyway my ggggf found himself at the battle of the little big horn not intentionally he was on a camping vacation and pitched his tent next to that hill by the battle one morning he was woken up by all this commotion yelling and shooting so he stormed up the hill and said "oh you lot shut up" he did stop the battle for a second though he forgot to dress that was the beginning of his love and effection for all things yanks especially the indians he loved them he went off in search of little squaw but after 3 years someone told him little sqaw was a mountain in maine

so he came back to the uk all depressed he went to night school and learnt woodwork and metalwork and thought im going to make the worlds 1st iconic geetoor he must have been really clever with his hands anyway this geetoor had a beautiful carved maple cap silver pickups with no covers and a fabulous 1860s really fast neck (ive never understood that is it a "skywalker" thing where the force rushes from the finger board to the fingers and makes em satriani like)! One day my gggf says to my ggggf dad why dont you ever play your geetoor and he answers i cant son they havnt invented electricity yet So he sells his geetoor to fund another camping hol to papua new guinea or was it borneo I feel very sad as that geetoor would have been passed down to me and who knows someone may have made a custom re-issue of it and added a beautiful split diamond logo to the headstock....heaven ahmmmm

how do you get that little picture on the top left there id like to show you my fingers if you think you cant wait for that youll find a picture in those medical journals in your doctors surgery.

You may have noticed by now im having a nervous breakdown caused by trying to buy my 1st LP what a maize

my families motto is " your peace is broken".

cheers......x

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

And I thought we already had every nutter in the world in the lounge, now you just topped it all.

Excellent, well done and welcome!

You're in good 'ol England....Hmmmm.....You might consider a Gibby Les Paul Traditional.....Cheaper than a Standard, not chambered

like a Standard, and some come with '57 classic pickups....The ones with nice tops don't cost much more either....IMHO, LP Customs

aren't quite as good as the Traditionals....Of course, if you want to go all out, indeed go Custom Shop for an R8, R9, or an R0...........

You're in good 'ol England....Hmmmm.....You might consider a Gibby Les Paul Traditional.....Cheaper than a Standard, not chambered

like a Standard, and some come with '57 classic pickups....The ones with nice tops don't cost much more either....IMHO, LP Customs

aren't quite as good as the Traditionals....Of course, if you want to go all out, indeed go Custom Shop for an R8, R9, or an R0...........

nope im welsh (god,s country) in the uk...

looks like im in for a 2008 standard i like the spec,s

Why are you shopping in Brighton if you're in Wales? There's some decent shops, even west of the black country.

Hmmm......I have a 2010 Trans Black Flame Top Standard with gold hardware........Nice guitar......

they cant get near gak,s prices.....

There's a place in Cardiff and one in Swansea that agreed to price match when I was looking. Then Gak found they could get one in and I wanted to play it first so I waited a week. Then another week coz it was last December and I was snowed in.

There's a place in Cardiff and one in Swansea that agreed to price match when I was looking. Then Gak found they could get one in and I wanted to play it first so I waited a week. Then another week coz it was last December and I was snowed in.

HA.......yea it was a bad winter i

has it burstbuckers, and grovers !......

It has locking gold grovers and burstbuckers......I prefer 57s over burstbuckers, but, I do like the guitar.....

It's from a run of 99 made....Grovers are much better tuners than klusons, by far..........

I'm not fully sold on chambered LPs, but, I like it......Every collection needs a LP Standard of some sort....

Once again, welcome to the forum...............................

Hmmm......I have a 2010 Trans Black Flame Top Standard with gold hardware........Nice guitar......

Pics or it didn't happen Damian.... Can't pull that and not expect someone to ask :P

[flapper][thumbup][crying][drool][lol] .....

DSCN1839.jpg

Fabulous guitars Damian.

Do you manage to rotate and play most? (Rotate the guitars I mean).

I have relatively few compared to some of our members but manage to play them all. The 339 and R0 are the ones that come out the most though.

People come over to my place and comment on the "collection" and I correct them. What I have is a selection. All different.

Dave

OMG I want the Graphite Grey flame top les paul NOW! That's my fave color ever and the first time I have seen it on a guitar so light, normally its way darker and not appealing (see Chad Kroger Blackwater LP)

Fabulous guitars Damian.

Do you manage to rotate and play most? (Rotate the guitars I mean).

I have relatively few compared to some of our members but manage to play them all. The 339 and R0 are the ones that come out the most though.

People come over to my place and comment on the "collection" and I correct them. What I have is a selection. All different.

Dave

Hey Dave !! I still need an R8, an R9, R10, and a PRS....I intentionally don't have an exact guitar count, and I do switch them out

yearly, keeping a regular stable around to play and record with; usually 25 around the house..(30+ elsewhere) I'm retired, so, I get to

work on music a lot....We'll be townhouse shopping soon, so I'll be able to set up my whole recording studio again....I want to join the

ranks of all you home owners......I actually do play them all though Dave, yes !!! Net, yes, it's a light gray..I saw it, told them I wanted it,

and knocked the price down by a large amount....It's one of 99, so not so rare, but, kind of....

WOW and i dont even have one yet.. its the bottom right i love it....

That's a Traditional in DesertBurst....You can find Standards with nice flametops as well........

Gibson does do nice work.........I currently have six Les Pauls, I need more, Sausagefingers !!!!

That's a Traditional in DesertBurst....You can find Standards with nice flametops as well........

Gibson does do nice work.........I currently have six Les Pauls, I need more, Sausagefingers !!!!

"I need more, Sausagefingers"

Why do you want sausage fingers? [confused]

I would love to have a huge collection but in all honesty, I don"t know where I'd keep them. Not to worry. I can't see me ever being able to afford them but you never know.

Other obligations have come up recently. Wife laid off, Dad losing half his pension next month. Just installed a new hot tub and more decking. (could have bought a few really nice guitars with that coin), but then I'd be paying alimony too. I'm not bitter though. More pleased that I am actually able to help.

Archived