Gibson Brands Forums

Saddles

locko

The Stewart-McDonald saddles have metric rather than imperial threads like the original Gibson parts.

That shouldn't matter as long as you replace the screws at the same time you replace the saddles. Only the hole through the saddles themselves is threaded. Not quite sure why the stewmac saddles and screws are metric. I assume it's a sourcing issue. I don't know anyone who has used the stewmac saddles, by the way, so I'm not positive they will sit properly in a real Gibson bridge.

That shouldn't matter as long as you replace the screws at the same time you replace the saddles. Only the hole through the saddles themselves is threaded. Not quite sure why the stewmac saddles and screws are metric. I assume it's a sourcing issue. I don't know anyone who has used the stewmac saddles, by the way, so I'm not positive they will sit properly in a real Gibson bridge.

The Stewmac saddles are made to fit a Stewmac bridge and they don't fit a Gibson bridge. The only unnotched saddles that I know of that will fit are the Gibson ones. Graphtech makes graphite ones but they're pre notched.

Archived