Gibson Brands Forums

Is this for real???

guitarjunkieme

Hello all...

I ran across this guy on face book. There seems to be a large world wide response to it, but I'm not 100% sure that it's for real or not. Has anyone else out there got any info on this. I looked it up on Snopes but no info about it there. Heres a link to the site... http://www.Stolen53LesPaul.com/

Your input will be helpful...

Talk to you soon... Tom

I would say... YES.. .... but if it isnt.. the poster will be the first to bare the burden..

There have been alot of Huge Guitar thefts up here in Canada as of late... so keep your eyes peeled..

A Guitar Store up here in Calgary Got a major Collection of Very High end PRS Guitars Stolen about a Month ago...and a One of a Kind Lightningbolt Gibson Prototype...

Keep your eyes open... they are out there somewhere..

I would say... YES.. .... but if it isnt.. the poster will be the first to bare the burden..

There have been alot of Huge Guitar thefts up here in Canada as of late... so keep your eyes peeled..

A Guitar Store up here in Calgary Got a major Collection of Very High end PRS Guitars Stolen about a Month ago...and a One of a Kind Lightningbolt Gibson Prototype...

Keep your eyes open... they are out there somewhere..

It' s for real!. I posted info regarding this theft a couple of weeks ago in two different sub forums and on my FB page. Below is a copy of the e-mail that I received from Mo with links to help identify the equipment.

Subject: Re: stolen guitar

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifDate: Fri 07/01/11 11:27 PM spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifAttachments NameTypeSaveView Part 1 text/plainSave Part 2 text/htmlSave Hi Fred

Sorry to be so long in sending you a reply. Life has become very busy all of a sudden with a few thousand emails coming in!!

Thanks so much for your heartfelt encouragement and support. It really helps with mending the spirit. Through the power of positive energy, an unbelievable thing has happened. My original intention was to appeal to the thieves through an appeal on Craigslist. The thought never crossed my mind that more than a few people would respond. Well, it's gone viral over the past 9 days, and it has been reposted on Facebook over 510,000 times!!!. It's almost surreal!! Thanks for helping to make that happen.

Phone calls, texts, and emails have come from people from every continent saying they're watching out for my guitars. I even had a phone call from a lady in Moscow the other night!! Every form of media has picked it up. It's truly moving.

I have my own private army of eyes all over the world!! It seems like this is becoming one of the most publicized guitar thefts in history.

I've set up a Facebook page http://www.facebook....Stolen53LesPaul to keep everyone informed when there's progress in finding them.

I've put descriptions, photos, and serial #'s of everything stolen in the link http://web.me.com/outgolfing/Equipment

This is a link to a song I recorded with my 12-string acoustic guitar playing friend, John. I was using the Les Paul with a violin bow. http://web.me.com/ou..._The_Music.htmlThere is starting to be a good response to this and another track I've posted there. If you have the time to listen, I hope you enjoy them.

On a happy note, Justin, a friend of Niko (my son) came over. He handed me his Gibson Les Paul Custom and said that I can keep it until I find mine. What an unbelievable gesture. It brought tears to my eyes.

My guitars and other equipment haven't been found yet, but I'm seeing a silver lining in this whole adventure. And it just feels like things will work out and my guitars and other gear will come home.

Please pass this on. Thanks again.

All the best,

Maurice

Archived