Gibson Brands Forums

Follow Up on Nashville Tunematic Saddles

bluezguy

Here's a good experience for you ...

Even though it was Gibson Customer Service who sent me to Stew Mac to buy replacement saddles for my small, expensive Gibson guitar arsenal, Larry @ Stew Mac corrected a crummy situation and made it right!

Stew Mac DOES NOT make replacement parts for Gibson ... why was I sent there????

My saddles from Stew Mac were not the same size as the originals so I stopped the install immeditely. When I called Stew Mac to inquire 'waz up', I spoke to a gentleman named Larry, who did not know why Gibson would say to me what they did. Without hesitation, he offered my money back including shipping.

NOW .. that was great customer service.

Stew Macs' parts did fit the Nashville bridge ... they were just dimensionally different. That's not for the person who wants to keep their instrument genuine.

Anyways, hats off to the Stew Mac company for looking out for me and once again, shame on Gibson for treating their long- time faithful customers (of 40 years) and ALL their customers the way they do. At least they treat us all equal ... except for the rock stars...

Glad you got things figured out. BTW, where did you get your replacement saddles.

I wouldn't be too hard on Gibson C/S, they may not have the complete information on what StewMac carries. I've been using StewMac for years. StewMac is a great place for parts, but it's mostly for builders/luthiers. Top notch service and knowledge.

Glad you got things figured out. BTW, where did you get your replacement saddles.

I wouldn't be too hard on Gibson C/S, they may not have the complete information on what StewMac carries. I've been using StewMac for years. StewMac is a great place for parts, but it's mostly for builders/luthiers. Top notch service and knowledge.

I ended up finding a new, packaged replacent set of gold Gibson screws and saddles online at Amazon .com

It will be easy enough to remove the gold. Stew Mac is a great company ... I've built 4 beautiful partscasters using their stuff over the past 6 or 7 years. Also, their complete line of luthiers' tools are top notch... it's good quality stuff.

My objection is at Gibson C/S for them wasting my time when they darn-well KNOW who's licenced to sell their parts and who is not.

Archived