Gibson Brands Forums

Truss Rod on Les Paul Joe Bonamassa

AlexGT

Dual action are often used on Fenders. My Strat has one.

They are a very popular design and a newer technology than the single action.

(That doesn't mean that they are a brand new technology....or even better...Only that they are newer.)

Top left is dual action (referred to as 2 way):

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_rods/Adjustable_truss_rods.html

Willy

This is the first time I've heard the term "dual-action truss rod". Would someone mind explaining the difference between traditional and dual-action. Keep in mind that I'm a drummer. [drool]

Animaleatsdrums.jpg

Just means it can bend both ways. A traditional truss rod is inserted into a neck that is naturally bowed and used to pull it straight, the draw back being that if the neck some how ends up being too straight but you have already loosened the rod as much as you can then there is not a lot you can do about it. the solution is to fit dual acting truss rods which gives you more control over the the bow in the neck and can overcome most eventualities.

My link

• 8 months later...
Guest Brian K

Interesting that if one is not in line with what another has said, he's considered a troll. Is agreeableness one of the forum rules? As far as accuracy is concerned, this place is often the Fox News of guitar fora.

Guest Brian K

Interesting that if one is not in line with what another has said, he's considered a troll. Is agreeableness one of the forum rules? As far as accuracy is concerned, this place is often the Fox News of guitar fora.

As I read through this post it was hard to ignore what an angry little fella Bookkeeper's Son was. Then I saw above it's just another case of Fox News Derangement Syndrome. I heard that Dan Rather is counseling the afflicted at his San Francisco flat.

Archived