Gibson Brands Forums

How about some BASS Reviews - Thunderbird and Genesis???

animalfarm

On this first page alone I see TWO threads dealing with T-Bird Basses, and TWO

threads by folks who OWN Genesis Basses. I realize TIME may be tight with the demands

of daily life.

Just read a couple of EPI Lounge reviews to get a format idea. The number of views of the

"NEW" thread jumped by 100 in 24 hours. Help if you can. I think the thread WILL catch on,

just going to take time.

I've done 4, RTH has done 4, bigneil has 1, with 3 more on the way, Wiggy has promised a

variety of 'em - around 5 eventually. Review any topic you feel comfortable/knowledgeable with,

be it Gits, Bass, Amps, Pickups. Pedals, etc. And be sure to insert your own personality.

For example, I recently purchased an IBBY Bass. Should I become somewhat accomplished at playing,

I may want to investigate "stepping up". Thunderbird Basses are obviously popular here, but the

"NEW and RUINED" Musician's Friend site lists about as much info as you could put on the head of a pin.

Are they actually any good? Only someone who owns and plays one can tell me. The on-site reviews are

jaded - I posted a negative review of my Ovation Git case on the "old" site, and now on the new site,

it GONE. DUMPED. Only Happy and Joyous reviews allowed now, I guess. Phooey.

That's all folks. The "Review Thread" was just a wild-@ss idea I jumped on, and now - what the

heck - may just work.

Thank you in advance if you choose to participate.

AF

I'd be happy to post a Genesis bass review, but I don't really know what to say. I'm a guitar player, and I have only two basses and no real experience to use as a basis for comparision. If I wrote a bass review, it would be something like this:

GENESIS BASS REVIEW

Got this bass, it's all black, has four strings and is made out of solid mahogany. Kind of looks like a doublecut Gibson Grabber, but with equal-sized horns and no pickguard. It is heavy but plenty comfortable. It has two chrome-covered humbuckers, 3-way switch, vol/tone controls and coil cut switch. I have replaced the stock POS 3-point bridge with a Hipshot Supertone bridge because Hungrycat said I should. It plays and sounds better now. When you play it, it makes some low notes and they sound good.

I dig it.

P1030570.jpg

Archived