Gibson Brands Forums

Ol fred's video pick of the week

ol fred

My personal favorite version of that song. (but Dylan did a decent job)

I hate to admit it, but Dylan was the only decent thing on that first video. It looks like they threw that together with no rehearsal at all. And if Dylan is the only one singing well in a song with Joni, Robbie, Levon, Shakey... then they had no rehearsal! :lol:

I hate to admit it, but Dylan was the only decent thing on that first video. It looks like they threw that together with no rehearsal at all. And if Dylan is the only one singing well in a song with Joni, Robbie, Levon, Shakey... then they had no rehearsal! :lol:

Man.... my thoughts exactly...however, as a Jam.... I would have LOVED to be part of it...... like ol' Fred....I LOVE a Jam!!

By the way, what acoustics did The Band play. I tend to recall there's a hyper-vintage one on the back-side of their second record sleeve, but thinking about it the group to my knowledge isn't associated with any particular acoustic guitars. Some of you might know better -

Thanks be to the powers that be for those who call me friend. While I can't answer that question, as well as many more.... It's nice to know that one of my friends has the interest to preserve history that may otherwise slip by seemingly unnoticed, and no doubt thtt an answer will be forthcoming .

I do believe that I once said something about having fun and learning.

Em7 you sometimes remind me (for some reason) of G.I. Gurdjieff

By the way, what acoustics did The Band play. I tend to recall there's a hyper-vintage one on the back-side of their second record sleeve, but thinking about it the group to my knowledge isn't associated with any particular acoustic guitars. Some of you might know better -

Thanks be to the powers that be for those who call me friend. While I can't answer that question, as well as many more.... It's nice to know that one of my friends has the interest to preserve history that may otherwise slip by seemingly unnoticed, and no doubt thtt an answer will be forthcoming .

I do believe that I once said something about having fun and learning.

Em7 you sometimes remind me (for some reason) of G.I. Gurdjieff

Hoho haha aha. . . Never heard of this Gurdjieff person, but will keep an open eye.

Meanwhile check this quintessential situation from Sammy Davis' house 1968. Could it be a Guild ?

TherecordingBand.jpg

Archived