Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-225 Reissue

riley1098

I think that this wonderful guitar needs to be reissued as I know a lot of people who would love to have one including myself. I played one at Gruhn guitars down in Nashville and was amazed that you put this guitar out of production with how great it sounded. It really didn't get the praise it needs so please pay tribute by reissuing this guitar. Adding a Bigsby to it would be nice too :P. But please don't try to make it a completely different guitar if you do reissue it. Just keep the P-90s and the great 225 tone. Thanks.

I agree completely, the ES 225 is a great playing and sounding guitar, I was just playing my 1956. You can still buy an old one for less than a re-issue would cost so I don't think that will happen. It is a shame more people are not exposed to these, as they are great little guitars and very versatile.

Thanks John

Completely agree with you! Heritage makes one, but I've never played one of them. I know that I will not willing let go of my 57 and will buy another one if something happens to it. You can get decent ones if you keep your eyes open, but there is nothing like holding a brand new instrument. The Bigsby would be a very nice option! If they did bring it back my hope is that they would bring it back with the dual P90's and not the single...

Wow a '56 225! I'd love to see some pics of it. And I have tried the Heritage H525 it does have some advantages over the 225 as it does have a stronger neck and you can customize it with lets say a lollar overwound P-90 bridge pickup and a regular wound lollar P-90 neck pickup and make it sound as you want it. And they can add a bigsby on it too which would be a major plus for me. But then there's the awesomeness of just buying a vintage 225 that you know will be great, but I do agree with you they need to be exposed to more players around the world because Gibson really hasn't made anything like it. Although while browsing through 225s I found an extremely weird "customized" 225 that had 3 P-90s with individual tone and volume controls and a rotary selector switch. Sounds weird but has some potential, haha Gibson better start making some of those 3 pickup beauties.

• 2 weeks later...

With the current state of the US economy the chances of Gibson releasing an ES-225 has as much chance as Timothy Geithner getting on Fox News Channel to say 'I quit'...............jim

So, does that mean if the economy improves that there could be a reissue? ;-) That would be the best news ever!

If Obama figures that he can have Gibson serve his re-election bid maybe Gibson will think about reissuing an ES-225. Apart from that I believe you can forget about a reissuue ES-225 unless Timothy Geithner places a special order for one. jim

Archived