Gibson Brands Forums

New To Epiphone

onecent

First of all thank you all for letting me participate. I am a proud owner of a new Faded G-400. I have been playing for forty years. Never owned a Epiphone....The quality is superb. It sounds great with or without a pedal. My main pedal is a EH Metal Muff. This thing can do anything and I am amazed that it really is a hot fuzz pedal.

Anyways, my question is how durable is the neck to body interface? There seems to be an easy flex to the neck. Also, can someone describe the assembly technique?

Is this interface robust.

Thanks !!!

Onecent

Wwlcome to the forum, Onecent ... it's good to have you here!

G400's are great guitars ... truly one of the greatest VALUES in the industry. Neck-flex is really just a characteristic of the SG due to how low the neck is set into the body. Some players even use it as a technique to bend notes. As long as you take it easy, you'll be fine ... and it does give you some pretty unprecedented upper fret accress.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "assembly technique". If you mean how well is the guitar made, my answer would be "very well". All guitars (Epiphone included) can be improved by good set-ups and the possible upgrading of certain components. I say, play yours a while and see if you think any are necessary!

Have fun!

Jim

Hi OC, welcome to the forums, great bunch around here, I hope you like it.

Neck flex with some G400s, and SGs in general is common, it depends how easily the flex happens, I have a G400 Custom that's absolutely useless because of the neck flex it suffers, I'd sell it but I couldn't pass the problem onto someone else in all good conscience. I couldn't return it either (unless at great expense), the shop I bought it from (on a trip) is well over 1,000km away.

It's a matter of degree, if yours flexes too easily that it fails to maintain tuning under normal playing conditions, then I'd take it back for a replacement PDQ.

Archived