Gibson Brands Forums

cheating?

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

That is strange with a name as unusual as Bridie King were they also going by the band name of Boogie Kings because tat would mean it was intentional for sure.

Sadly Bridie is pretty well unheard of in the US he's not anywhere as famous here as he is in Australia and UK

He's a she (both of them). No, Boogie Kings wasn't mentioned, I don't believe the venue deliberately mislead but I was overheard by a band member before the gig talking about the difficulty they were going to face getting even a modest electric piano in the place and was told "no, it's not that Bridie King" so the band definately knew the potential for being mistaken. Pretty annoying.

I bought an albumn once called "Best of the Beatles". Turns out it wasn't the Beatles but their former drummer Peter Best. Definitely felt deceived. I'll go for the "Free Beer". Loved that comment!

Now that is ludicrous misrepresentation.

I saw "Bo Diddley" play four times. Three times it was the usual slightly rotund guy. The other time, Bo had apparently lost 60 pounds and grown 4 inches in height.

Van Morrision told this story in an interview.: When touring Ireland in the early days with Them, the band's van broke down, and they were hours late for a gig. When they finally reached the gig they found a band on stage with "Them" stencilled on the kick drum, playing "Here Comes The Night."

2007 I put out my first CD and was working hard to sell it internationally. I had friends in Australia that I was hoping could help me sell it. But I couldn't because another Steven Tari was calling himself BLACK JESUS and running around with his cult rapping young girls and then shared their flesh with the young girls familys. I was getting some real nasty letters from people thinking I was him.I thought I was one of those people that had a strange name. [crying]

Archived