Gibson Brands Forums

fx loop help

jrseriel

Hello. I am using amplitube with a me me-70 boss multieffects pedal and im using a Yamaha mw10c audio interface. How can I set this up so I van have my les pauls out put into the yamahas input and through amplitube and then through my me-70 without having two layers of my sound. Right now I get two layers one through the me-70 and distortion from amplitube and then another with just amplitube and no me-70. How do I get one layer of sound so I can properly use it as one loop.

Hello. I am using amplitube with a me me-70 boss multieffects pedal and im using a Yamaha mw10c audio interface. How can I set this up so I van have my les pauls out put into the yamahas input and through amplitube and then through my me-70 without having two layers of my sound. Right now I get two layers one through the me-70 and distortion from amplitube and then another with just amplitube and no me-70. How do I get one layer of sound so I can properly use it as one loop.

Your signal path seems off......Try running your guitar into the Boss, then the Yamaha, then your signal runs into your computer........I'm thinking what is layering the sound is the latency.....

Your goal is recording ???And, your buffer settings may need adjusting.......

jrseriel has posted some absolutely classic material. Right up there with burg jerky. I love this guys threads.

You should be able to run your guitar into your multifx into your interface into your daw without feedback though. That's strange. What kindof effects are you using anyways? If you're running distortion on the multifx into more distortion on the daw that's probably why you're getting the feedback.

If you're stacking multiple distortions try backing off on the gain, particularly of the first distortion in the chain.

I'm not sure that setup would even have an effects loop but effects loops are mainly for [cough suckers cough] delay and modulation. Not distortion. I'm not sure the same "rules" apply when you're using all digital distortions though.

Archived