Gibson Brands Forums

BUY DARK FIRE

GibsonAlmighty

Ok and when the Les Paul came out in 1952 everyone hated it. Your point is? [lol]

You have to give advanced stuff like this time, was the first car ever a good car?

Actually when 52 LP came out it became one of the most well-known electric guitar types in the world, along with the Fender Stratocaster and Telecaster.

Check it out!!! [thumbup]

I think the difference between then and now was,quality of workmanship,attention to details vs today's

mass produce.

The original Les Paul sold very poor when it first came out, and Ted McCarthy was forced to change the bridge design(in 1954), the colour(in 1958) and finally the whole shape of the guitar(in 1961) trying to raise the numbers. As for the ancient debate "quality Vs. mass production", it's useful to remember that 40 years ago branded-name electric guitars were more expensive(compared to the average income of a common employee) and less demanded.

The original Les Paul sold very poor when it first came out, and Ted McCarthy was forced to change the bridge design(in 1954), the colour(in 1958) and finally the whole shape of the guitar(in 1961) trying to raise the numbers. As for the ancient debate "quality Vs. mass production", it's useful to remember that 40 years ago branded-name electric guitars were more expensive(compared to the average income of a common employee) and less demanded.

[biggrin]

• 1 month later...

I really like the Darkfire... it needed a little adjustment at first (shipping damage on Gibson's dime) but it's proven to perform properly for me over 3 years. All parts/functions happy and healthy.

The RIP pack makes it a studio marvel, and it holds it own live. It's a substantial update from the original robot in tuning alone, and the RIP makes for some nice additional fun.

Robot guitars like FRESH strings regularly, and respond better to 10's and 11's... you can't let your strings get nasty like you can with other guitars.

Archived