Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Case

Freekzilla

is this normal? Your Thoughts?

No.

One of them is in the wrong place?

Still, all seriousness aside.... [rolleyes]

The strap button and the cutout should be in the bottom center of the lower bout.

Which is off? Does it make enough difference to make it worth doing something about? (no pun intended)

My Epi cases all have their idiosyncrasies. Some I have corrected. One I returned.

My Gibson case is exact however, to be frank, (or someone like him) It does not have the padding that my Epi cases do.

Fact is, the Gibson case doesn't even have a recess for the strap button.

It just wore into it's own spot.

Personally, for the money, I'd say I've had pretty good luck and am quite pleased with my Epi cases.

Willy

Just recieved my Epiphone Les Paul case in the mail today and it is a beatiful case. However the cutout for the lower/bottom strap button does not align with the button, is this normal? Your Thoughts?

I just purchased two new Epi LP cases for both my Plain Tops. No problems with the location of the rear button slot on either case. I do have a problem with one of the latches. It's a little hard to close. Other than that, I think they are a great deal for the money.

No.

One of them is in the wrong place?

Still, all seriousness aside.... [rolleyes]

The strap button and the cutout should be in the bottom center of the lower bout.

Which is off? Does it make enough difference to make it worth doing something about? (no pun intended)

My Epi cases all have their idiosyncrasies. Some I have corrected. One I returned.

My Gibson case is exact however, to be frank, (or someone like him) It does not have the padding that my Epi cases do.

Fact is, the Gibson case doesn't even have a recess for the strap button.

It just wore into it's own spot.

Personally, for the money, I'd say I've had pretty good luck and am quite pleased with my Epi cases.

Willy

Other than that problem it is perfect so Im afraid to exchange it. Definitly something I can live with, might try to fix it myself.

I just purchased two new Epi LP cases for both my Plain Tops. No problems with the location of the rear button slot on either case. I do have a problem with one of the latches. It's a little hard to close. Other than that, I think they are a great deal for the money.

I agree they are good for the money. Snug fit and looks nice too. Im going to keep but I'll call Musicians Friend and have them take some money off.

Archived