Gibson Brands Forums

Im GASing for this

bluesguitar65

I've been hearing great reviews on the TC Flashback delay and been watching several demo videos and quite impressed with it. Anyone here own one? How is it? I may try it out tomorrow during my lunch break from work.... and perhaps take one home [flapper]

This video is pretty much the selling point for me after watching several.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibfafr02-M

Flashback-large.jpg

I don't own one but I think they're really cool.

They sound great to me. I think the best sound is the extremely clean digital delay sound. I forgot what it's called but it's based on an older TC delay. The tape sounds are surprisingly good to me too. Not as good as an El Capistan but it's half the price and does lots of other cool stuff.

One huge turn off for me is that when you change the delay time it doesn't change the pitch. I dunno you could probably live without that but I like to get freaky with oscillations and all that sometimes and this pedal isn't really set up for that kindof stuff. Still really cool though. I'd get one just for that really clean digital delay sound. It's so clean and crisp sounding.

All in all I say get one.

Edit: the 2290 is the sound I'm talking about. IMO this pedal does that sound best. The other modes are good but other pedals sound better. The 2290 is just the best digital delay sound. Know what I mean jelly bean?

I don't own one but I think they're really cool.

They sound great to me. I think the best sound is the extremely clean digital delay sound. I forgot what it's called but it's based on an older TC delay. The tape sounds are surprisingly good to me too. Not as good as an El Capistan but it's half the price and does lots of other cool stuff.

One huge turn off for me is that when you change the delay time it doesn't change the pitch. I dunno you could probably live without that but I like to get freaky with oscillations and all that sometimes and this pedal isn't really set up for that kindof stuff. Still really cool though. I'd get one just for that really clean digital delay sound. It's so clean and crisp sounding.

All in all I say get one.

Edit: the 2290 is the sound I'm talking about. IMO this pedal does that sound best. The other modes are good but other pedals sound better. The 2290 is just the best digital delay sound. Know what I mean jelly bean?

Sounds like you have played one already. How is the loop function? I read many saying that is one of the disappointments along with the sound on sound oscillation. I will check it out today and thanks for your input.

I haven't tried the looper yet but from what I've heard don't buy it because you want a looper.

Sounds like a good deal, man. Hope you dig it.

Nah...I'm not buying it for the loop, got my trusty Boss RC-2 and my Digitech Jamman for that. I wanted a delay pedal that has models of different delay models. I could of gone with the Line6, but it is also double the price.

Archived