Gibson Brands Forums

Modern case for vintage L-00?

GotTheSilver

I recently bought a vintage L-00. It was made between 1938 and 1942, based on the features, and has the 14 fret heavy V neck profile. I am looking for a case that will fit it well. Anyone know of a good case for this guitar? I tried contacting TKL and they said they do not have a stock case to fit it. I get one custom made through their Cedar Creek division, but that is more pricey than I was hoping for. I'm hoping there is a good off the shelf case somewhere that fits this guitar.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I got a custom case made by Cedar Creek Cases (http://www.cedarcreekcases.com/) for a very reasonable number considering the quality of the build. Mine is a 1938 L-00 and the fit is so perfect and snug that I perceive a slight whooshing sound. Their build questionaire has you note about 30 measurements. Amazing. Wish I had not gone for the heavy-duty 5-ply case which is heavy, but you could drive over it I believe. Many finish options....mine is appropriately vintage looking. I think I paid $280 or so.....WELL worth it.

Archived