Gibson Brands Forums

Serial number help would be appreciated

bol316

Hi I am interested in picking up a guitar. The serial number is 06206254. I cant seem to determine the date it was made. The person claims it is a 70s. It has MELODY MAKER MADE IN USA stamped right above the number which looks correct but the number doesnt seem to match right to guides I found. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Just wanna make sure its legit first

You could doodle us something with crayons if you have no pictures.

CRAYOLA ONLY.......Store brands and Walmart crayons don't do colours write......:blink: ...

( hard to get off the screen as well [wink] )

The serial number is 06206254.

"06" is the 70's era date code for 1977. Yes pics, and potentiometer codes would help verify this.

And the Crayola jokes were very cute, too bad you had nothing to offer on the topic!

"06" is the 70's era date code for 1977. Yes pics, and potentiometer codes would help verify this.

And the Crayola jokes were very cute, too bad you had nothing to offer on the topic!

L5 Larry, as you know, we all on the Gibby and Epi lounge over time have learned a lot about "fakes", counterfeits, etc etc.......

For SOME reason, I feel that the MM is legit......Besides, MMs aren't faked often....Just a thought............

CRAYOLA ONLY.......Store brands and Walmart crayons don't do colours write......:blink: ...

( hard to get off the screen as well [wink] )

You don't think that's informative?

Archived