Gibson Brands Forums

How hard can it be?

Marshall Paul

Have two projects on the boil at the moment and it's getting around to the pickup installation part. I know what I want in them, the only problem is, silly as it may seem, is actually getting them. No shop here in Australia carries many (dumb) so I try some overseas shops on the internet. Seems for some strange reason they won't sell them to you if they're comming down here. I don't understand. Anyone know of any internet shops I can buy a 57, 57+, 500T, 496R and a Dirty Fingers from, preferably all from the same place?

Try Musician's Friend....I understand that they now ship to Oz............

If that doesn't pan out, there's a company that acts as a (legal) middle man, does the purchasing for Ozites, and charges a 5% fee........

When you say companies won't sell or ship to Oz, what do you mean, and whom ???? I collect this info.......

Have two projects on the boil at the moment and it's getting around to the pickup installation part. I know what I want in them, the only problem is, silly as it may seem, is actually getting them. No shop here in Australia carries many (dumb) so I try some overseas shops on the internet. Seems for some strange reason they won't sell them to you if they're comming down here. I don't understand. Anyone know of any internet shops I can buy a 57, 57+, 500T, 496R and a Dirty Fingers from, preferably all from the same place?

Try Derringers in Adelaide, then fretco for spares like Bridges and such. If its not in usually it doesnt take too long. they have some nice P100's in stock and also an Angus Humbucker from memory

Try Musician's Friend....I understand that they now ship to Oz............

If that doesn't pan out, there's a company that acts as a (legal) middle man, does the purchasing for Ozites, and charges a 5% fee........

When you say companies won't sell or ship to Oz, what do you mean, and whom ???? I collect this info.......

Gibson's agreement with AMI the Australian Distributor makes it impossible for a distributor in the USA to send product to Australia AMI have the rights for all Gibson Sales. If I go to the Guitar Centre web site it wont show Gibsons for sale if I select Australia as my site preference.

USA distributors are not allowed to ship to Australia to protect the local agent and business. Considering my LP Jr sells here for retail 2010.00 and I got it for 1100.00 when I know I could get it there for 699.00 you can see why the distributor wants to protect its market.

Archived