Gibson Brands Forums

99 MIK Epiphone Sheraton

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

Got a mint 99 MIK epi Sheraton, I was going to do some mods on it because I felt if I ruined it I'd loose no sleep but I've been offered £400 ($600) for it. Would you sell it for that money.

Guest farnsbarns

I didn't know it was worth that much. I payed about 200 for it in 2001. I'm in two minds because in my head I've worked out all the mods so I'm gassing for what it will become. At the same time 400 quid would go nicely towards a vox hand wired or fender deluxe when I've sold the Marshall.

Decisions decisions.

I didn't know it was worth that much. I payed about 200 for it in 2001. I'm in two minds because in my head I've worked out all the mods so I'm gassing for what it will become. At the same time 400 quid would go nicely towards a vox hand wired or fender deluxe when I've sold the Marshall.

Decisions decisions.

Yeah, the prices on them have skyrocketed. I still occasionally see them on eBay for upwards of a grand.

I sold my heavily mod'd mid nineties MIK Sheraton earlier this year to pay for an SG Classic. Got $500 for her. They are great guitars, but you have to mod them to get the full spectrum of possible tones. Mine had a pair of Gibson 57s, Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners, bone nut, and a Bigsby. Some people do a full electronics replacements and a roller bridge to accompany the Bigsby. I just wasn't that adventurous.

I sold my heavily mod'd mid nineties MIK Sheraton earlier this year to pay for an SG Classic. Got $500 for her. They are great guitars, but you have to mod them to get the full spectrum of possible tones. Mine had a pair of Gibson 57s, Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners, bone nut, and a Bigsby. Some people do a full electronics replacements and a roller bridge to accompany the Bigsby. I just wasn't that adventurous.

WHAT?

That's pretty much a free guitar with those upgrades man... ****. I'm in the market for a MIK Sheraton myself... ****

WHAT?

That's pretty much a free guitar with those upgrades man... ****. I'm in the market for a MIK Sheraton myself... ****

You snooze, you lose. Or is it you move to FoCo and the guitar get's sold to a coworker for cash. Sorry, brother.

Archived