Gibson Brands Forums

Blackstar HT-1R

lagerfanny

I haven't played the 1 watt...but i have an HT-40 and i love the hell out of it.

I've heard that there is not so much gain on the 1 and 5 watt's but i'm not sure if thats what you are looking for.

Go play it and see what you think says I!

I've played both, and I didn't feel as much gain pn the gain channel. Also, from my experience, the clean channel is ****.

From my experience, the gain channel was flexible enough to get "good nuff" cleans and decent overdrive, but not like insta-metal IMO. It was like a year ago when I played em though, so it mighta changed/just been a weird experience

The local shop that sell's them has no Gibbo's to try it with [sad]

Would feel a dork walkin' in with my Trad just to test one.

Sound ok to me on utube but as ever, respect your views in here.

dude, **** that. take in your trad and play it. don't ever feel like a dork. its your money, and it would be stupid to buy it without trying it with your ****.

dude, **** that. take in your trad and play it. don't ever feel like a dork. its your money, and it would be stupid to buy it without trying it with your ****.

+1 Definitely. I always take one of my guitars when I'm looking at an amp. -Even if I'm buying it used off of someone on Craigslist.

I haven't tried any Blackstar stuff, but I checked the videos of them out on their website. They seem pretty versatile. I like the headphone jack, and the jack to plug in an external music source so you can jam/practice. I'd be concerned that the 8" wouldn't give enough low end, but if it's a closed back (I couldn't tell from the website specs) it might be ok. Overall, they seem like really cool amps.

Guest Farnsburger

I tried one a while ago and was impressed enough to post on here about it. Took pedals well too. The only downside is that the reverb is digital but it sounded fine to me. I can see a reverb tank mod becoming common place though.

Archived