Gibson Brands Forums

standard silver sparkle LE CS

regaal

just picked this up today. the guy even said he would throw in a "boss super phase shifter?" as well. all in all it was $170 not knowing a lot about it, the SN# is 090315***** i think its the 719th guitar from march 2009 and made in Qingdao china.

i was told it was mounted in a case at the hard rock (who knows/cares if that was true) so the back has some shallow holes that look to be filled in and look like it might have been dropped once cause i has a small ship on the bottom but over all nothing crazy.

all in all it seems good enough for a guitar under $200. just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them, good or bad.

the finish has a hit of yellowing to it. not sure if thats a good or bad thing either. i kinda like it, although not something i would choose over another guitar equally good for the same price in a solid color.

Made in 2009 doesn't sound right.......Mine is a limited edition from the mid 90s..............HNGD means happy new guitar day.....

Although if your's is all silver flake, it could be real (from a different run)........$200.00 sounds, hmmm.............

DSCN1811-1.jpg

Yeah it's all silver flake, I read something about two runs. The later one I read was all flake while the first run was only the front of the body.

Looking it over it does have some cosmetic damage in a few spots but I don't mind it.

Perhaps I will take some more pics tomorrow

Made in 2009 doesn't sound right.......Mine is a limited edition from the mid 90s..............HNGD means happy new guitar day.....

Although if your's is all silver flake, it could be real (from a different run)........$200.00 sounds, hmmm.............

It appears that there was indeed a recent run of these. Guitar Center still has them available, apparently. I had no idea either!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Standard-Sparkle-Flake-Electric-Guitar-581252-i1597928.gc

Archived