Gibson Brands Forums

Dimarzio Pickups in LP Custom 68 Reissue?

STAR CHILD

Hey Guy's

I was thinking about putting a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge of my LP Custom 68

Reissue, and a PAF 36th Anniversary in the neck? What do you guy's think about this?

Also I'm thinking about putting on creme plastic, and taking off all the black plastic. I am

probably going to put a vintage BCS pot set with Mojo Vitamin T caps in her too!

So what do you guy's think about this?

Thanks

Here's a pic of my 71 Custom, triple humbucker with super distortion DiMarzio on the bridge, and TP6 tail piece. (circa 1983). Loved it.

l.jpg

Hey Guy's

I was thinking about putting a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge of my LP Custom 68

Reissue, and a PAF 36th Anniversary in the neck? What do you guy's think about this?

Also I'm thinking about putting on creme plastic, and taking off all the black plastic. I am

probably going to put a vintage BCS pot set with Mojo Vitamin T caps in her too!

So what do you guy's think about this?

Thanks

The difference in output between those two is quite large. The Super Distortion is a lot hotter than the 36th Ann as far as I know. Sure, the neck pickup can be a bit less hot since the strings usually move more up there so you get some more output that way, but I wonder if the difference in output isn't a bit too big for that to compensate. In the end it comes down to preference and how you use the pickups and what you want out of them. But I'm suspecting a considerable drop in output going between neck and bridge pickup and that would be an issue for me personally.

So, not saying your choice is "wrong", there is no wrong really, but perhaps it is something to think about before you go and buy.

You can also email Dimarzio at tech@dimarzio.com and get some advice there.

Archived