Gibson Brands Forums

Santa's bringing me a new JR & Amp !

jbarntt

I guess I've been a good boy 'cause an Epiphone Les Paul Junior and a Vox AC4TV Mini are on their way. Santa farmed delivery out to UPS; should be here 11/29. I'll need to open the packages, just to make sure there's no shipping damage. [smile]

I'll check out the JR as delivered, but wouldn't mind any advice re: best mods to do: Tuners, nut, pickup, bridge come to mind. Am interested in perhaps replacing the stock humbucker with a P90 or P94. The P94 would be ideal, but does it really sound like the P90 ? Or maybe a better HB ?

Any comments on the amp, including mods also welcome.

Thanks,

jbarntt

P.S. - Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow USA board members.

Jbarntt,

Welcome to the forum and a Happy Turkey Day to you.

Congrats on the new setup. Best advise I can give is play them for a while and decide for yourself.

No two people (or things) are exactly the same. By spending time playing your new rig you will decide if there is anything about it you want to change or mod.

If you do....we're here to help.

Willy

Thanks Willy, rastus, and egg for the welcome.

I am looking forward to receiving the JR guitar and Vox amp, and will indeed play them stock before I think about any mods. At this point my playing skills are a bigger problem than the equipment. I have hardly played at all for 20 years. Now how does "Gloria" go again :(

jbarntt

Archived