Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my Gibson ES137 with Bigsby

blazer

Just purchased a 2003 Gibson ES 137 with a Bigsby and love it.Can't believe how versitile it is.I was warned against the 490 pickup's on it (I've only had 57's and P90's) but find them fantastic they really bite.The finish is a amazing.Just not sure what to do with the Stop Bar holes if anything.

post-4379-003341600 1322525890_thumb.jpg

Yes but I'm thinking I might just keep the two chrome studs thier.It kinda blends in.Maybe get a chrome plate to fit it ingraved Custom Made

[confused] I always thought that a red plastic, engraved plate that says (in big block letters) "CUSTOM MADE" was the standard, time-honored way to deal with stop bar holes??? [thumbup]

[lol] [lol] [lol]

J/W

[-X

Yes but I'm thinking I might just keep the two chrome studs thier.It kinda blends in.Maybe get a chrome plate to fit it ingraved Custom Made

[confused] I always thought that a red plastic, engraved plate that says (in big block letters) "CUSTOM MADE" was the standard, time-honored way to deal with stop bar holes??? [thumbup]

[lol] [lol] [lol]

J/W

[-X

[thumbup] PERFECT!... But I'll bet you a local machine shop could knock you off a couple of screw-in plugs made from aluminum that would sit almost flush with the top of the guitar, instead of sticking up. I don't think you would notice the metal so much it it wasn't sticking up into the air.

[Would you say "CUSTOM MADE", or "CUSTOM BUILT"? Maybe you just put your name on it... OR "Presented to blazer by Pope Benedict VI", or something COOL like that!]

Feel free to use any of these suggestions, which are offered gratis and without charge!

J/W

[biggrin]

Looks nice,but I would say it had the wrong Bigsby model for that guitar,The arm should be about up to the middle of the 2 pickups.

[scared] I was so busy being a smart-a$$ that I totally did NOT pick up on that, but you are, of course, entirely correct! [blush]

J/W

:blink:

I like the aliminum screw cap idea.

Never had a Bigsby before and thought the arm was a little short and awkward.I will see if I can get a longer arm or adapter of some sort.Good eye though

[scared] I was so busy being a smart-a$ that I totally did NOT pick up on that, but you are, of course, entirely correct! [blush]

J/W

:blink:

The arm's only 6 3/4 " long and I can order a new arm 8" so it should be just right then.I was looking at the Bigsby on a Midtown and they look roughly the same right at the Bridge pickup,strange because it is awkward.Check it out it's about !/2 " longer

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Midtown-Standard-with-Bigsby.aspx

Looks nice,but I would say it had the wrong Bigsby model for that guitar,The arm should be about up to the middle of the 2 pickups.

Archived