Gibson Brands Forums

Thank you! (about 335 / 339 questions)

RudyH

Thank you for taking the time to help me understand some of the options with the ES 335 and ES 339 guitars. I really appreciate it. Apart from finding the actual guitar I'll eventually buy, I think I've got enough information to ask good questions of the dealer, and have some things to look for in particular guitars.

I was really confused before you helped me.

I bought the 335.

I had gone to a fine Gibson dealer for my first try of both models. Then went to Guitar Center to try what they had. Then I wanted just one more test with the two at the fine dealer. I tried them both acoustically again now that I've gotten used to their feel a bit. Frankly there was no comparison. The 335 just sings to me-- literally sings because of the sustain of the notes and the sensual vibration of its body. I had gotten used to the size and shape of the 335 and I am comfortable with it now. That gave me enough information to make a decision. They had the exact variation I was interested in. They gave me a nice discount. So I bought it.

I am still having fainting spells, nose bleeds, and vertigo from spending over $2500 for a guitar, but I belive this is a case where quality has no regrets in the long run.

It's a great guitar. It sounds better than any other guitar I have ever encountered. It is comfortable to play. Some things that used to be a bit challenging are easy with this guitar, apparently because of the different fretboard design of my Variax and my son's Stratocaster. I'm not sure what I want to do with the Variax yet, but I don't think I'll be playing it a lot any more.

Thank you again for helping me understand my options. This is a lot of money for me, so it was important to have good information.

I bought the 335.

I am still having fainting spells' date=' nose bleeds, and vertigo from spending over $2500 for a guitar, but I belive this is a case where quality has no regrets in the long run.

Thank you again for helping me understand my options. This is a lot of money for me, so it was important to have good information.[/quote']

Too cool. Post a picture when you can. As I posted elsewhere, spending time with instruments before you buy is the key. In my case, the fact that the seller of the 335 didn't really appreciate what he had and was selling it for about half price made the deal a no-brainer. It (the 335, not the seller) is sitting on a stand in the living room right now, plugged into the Blues Jr.

Congratulations. There's nothing better than a really great guitar...especially when you would easily have spent that much on a series of guitars and still not had what you wanted (how do I know that? hmmmm...).

I learned about buying several less desirable things rather than one desirable thing long ago. So it's a policy that has helped me in this case. I have used the Variax to help clarify what I want in a guitar, and now I have that guitar.

I learned about buying several less desirable things rather than one desirable thing long ago. So it's a policy that has helped me in this case. I have used the Variax to help clarify what I want in a guitar' date=' and now I have that guitar.

[/quote']

Good for you! Congrats and enjoy it!!!

Archived