Gibson Brands Forums

The wait.

gpmerk

So I ordered this guitar September 30th. The guy says 1 to 2 months.OK I can wait.

On around the 17th. of NOV. he tells me ...maybe Jan. or Feb. I'm going wait it out.

All I can say is I pray the set up is right and this must be one helluva guitar.

Gary

I ordered another AJ500M for a backup guitar, and I had a credit at a music store, so thats what I used to get it with. So they tell the salesman the end of Nov, then the middle of Dec, now its after the first of the new year.They must be really back ordered.

I had to wait for my DR-500MCE VS for almost one year. Then, when it finally arrived I played it for three months and than the wood started cracking. I returned the guitar to the store (official Epi dealer). Yeah and that was in May this year. I still have no response regarding the turnout of my guitar issue - replacement, refund??? Btw, I'm from Europe. I hope that nobody else will have similar experience. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to wait for my DR-500MCE VS for almost one year. Then, when it finally arrived I played it for three months and than the wood started cracking. I returned the guitar to the store (official Epi dealer). Yeah and that was in May this year. I still have no response regarding the turnout of my guitar issue - replacement, refund??? Btw, I'm from Europe. I hope that nobody else will have similar experience. Good luck.

That is not what I wanted to hear. Guess I'll wait and see.

All reflection...although it could use a setup. There have been other posts regarding the saddle - ad photo show a compensated bone saddle, however this and I've heard others, came with a straight saddle some say plastic however I did remove and sanded a little off the bottom and it is bone…no mistaking the smell of that. No warping yet…knock on spruce…as you can tell I’m in NJ we have fairly humid summers and falls however I’m going to humidify for the winter months – which I think I’ll post a question for opinions on product type and preference.

I figured I'd share my 'Wait' story with you guys to pass the time!

I finally decided to learn to play after watching band after band that I liked with quality acoustic players. I did about 6 months of research and finally decided on an Epiphone EJ-200 Artist. The reviews were stellar and it wouldn't break the bank just in case I lost a hand at work or something. I found one on Musician's Friend right before Christmas for $125 NEW on sale. I was ready to jump on it when I saw that the natural finish was back ordered to February and the Sunburst was back ordered to MAY!!! I went to the Guitar Center website and found the Natural finish in stock, e-mailed them about the price match, and they e-mailed me back in 15 minutes beating the price. I was stoked, needless to say. Then, as soon as I placed my order, I got an e-mail saying that my guitar had been backordered. I nearly screamed. Customer service told me they had a shipment coming in on the 26th of Dec. so I could expect shipment before New Year's. I called on the 29th of Dec. and they told me I'd get it in February. I was NOT pleased. I found a Sunburst in Certified Mint Condition that had just come in and switched my order to that one, just so I wouldn't have to wait a month (Hey, I'm 35 and need to learn to play so my son can sing along to 'Itsy Bitsy Spider" so time is money, here). I paid a little more money for it, but I wanted the Sunburst anyway. Here's to hoping "Certified Mint" isn't Guitar Center speak for "Used as a bludgeoning tool on my ex's car."

The guitar arrives on Thursday. I'll post pics. Wish me luck [biggrin]

Karl

Archived