Gibson Brands Forums

vinyl users

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

Could someone who has vinyl close to hand please let me know what a double album weighs in grams. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Edit: I know they'll be different but I need a ballpark figure based on actually weighing one and I need it quick so I thought someone here could probably help.

I just weighed Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow original Finyl Vinyl (2 LPs and cover) and all it weights exactly 400 grams.

In comparison Hot Tuna's Steady as She Goes which is also double and on 180gram vinyl weighs 560 grams including the cover.

Guest farnsbarns

I just weighed Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow original Finyl Vinyl (2 LPs and cover) and all it weights exactly 400 grams.

In comparison Hot Tuna's Steady as She Goes which is also double and on 180gram vinyl weighs 560 grams including the cover.

Thanks mate. I had just returned to say the album in question has been weighed and I no longer needed it but I really appreciate your efforts. The album in question is not released yet but is on pre-order so it would have been tricky to get hold of one personally but my customer finally got back to me. Seems it's a heavy one at 650g, it's a limited run deal so I guess it has heavy packaging.

Thanks so much though. Very kind of you!

My Girlfriend usually always gets me some kind of music related gift for christmas. This year and "out of the blue" it was a turntable ( pure and simple... no USB etc..) and original vinyl of :

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door

AC/DC -Highway To Hell

Rush - 2112

and

Cheap Trick - Dream Police

She is awesome!

Andy

Archived