Gibson Brands Forums

New song day

AnneS

Happy New Year, everyone!

I got back yesterday from a week on a beach near Charleston and discovered I'd brought back a box or two of metaphors. (Oh great, a metaphor for metaphors now. [scared] ) Sifting through 'em yesterday, I came up with this new song and thought I'd serve up a draft--

Sounding Line

Forgive the raggedy-ness (seems I brought a chest cold home, too), but I think I found the sweet spot here anyway.

Enjoy (if you're up for my usual sort of lyric-driven thing) and, as always, thanks...

Anne

Very nice. You write "quiet music." It is easy-on-the-ears and the lyrics tend to be soothing. The late Eva Cassidy sang "quiet music," but I don't think she wrote any of the material she sang. You sing and write, and you have a similar sound. There is a certain atmosphere that I listen-for and expect to hear when I click on one of your songs. I'm expecting something low-key, well-written, and easy-on-the-ears. This song is all of that. You are a folksinger. Don't change. [thumbup]

Very nice. You write "quiet music." It is easy-on-the-ears and the lyrics tend to be soothing. The late Eva Cassidy sang "quiet music," but I don't think she wrote any of the material she sang. You sing and write, and you have a similar sound. There is a certain atmosphere that I listen-for and expect to hear when I click on one of your songs. I'm expecting something low-key, well-written, and easy-on-the-ears. This song is all of that. You are a folksinger. Don't change. [thumbup]

Thanks, MP--you put me in better company than I'd think to put myself--appreciate your sharing! What I need now is a cellist/double-bassist to come into my life...[smile]

Thanks, MP--you put me in better company than I'd think to put myself--appreciate your sharing! What I need now is a cellist/double-bassist to come into my life...[smile]

Yeah, a cello or similar instrument is a great background for this kind of music. Adds to the sweetness or the seriousness of the song. Plus, it keeps the song simple.......I hate to see a good song killed by too many pickers in the background.

Archived