Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone 1953 Zenith Pick guard

Dave G

I have a 1953 F Hole Zenith Acoustic that my was my Dad's . The pick guard is now all distorted and melted and I 'm looking for a replacement . Any one know if it is possible

to find one . I would like to restore this guitar to old glory any help would be helpful.

I have a 1953 F Hole Zenith Acoustic that my was my Dad's . The pick guard is now all distorted and melted and I 'm looking for a replacement . Any one know if it is possible

to find one . I would like to restore this guitar to old glory any help would be helpful.

Welcome to the group Dave! I've heard of people replacing pick guards but not done it my self, you can start here.... http://www.pickguards.com/

You could always, of course, make one your self. Places like Stewmac sell flattop and archtop pickguard blanks and mounting brackets.

If not, you might check with places like Pickguard Heaven to see if they have a precut one that will work for you.

You could also give Terrapin Guitars a call. They made me a pickguard for a 1950s Epi flattop which was no small feat as the sucker is actually laid into the top. They nailed it.

You could always, of course, make one your self. Places like Stewmac sell flattop and archtop pickguard blanks and mounting brackets.

If not, you might check with places like Pickguard Heaven to see if they have a precut one that will work for you.

You could also give Terrapin Guitars a call. They made me a pickguard for a 1950s Epi flattop which was no small feat as the sucker is actually laid into the top. They nailed it.

Thanks Zombywoof. I'm checking All the Info Every one has sent me. I'm glad this site is available for these questions. Dave G.

I wouldn't recommend buying pickguard material from StewMac. They just don't have anything that looks right for a replacement pickguard especially if the original was tortoise shell. Best to have one made by Terrapin.

Thanks for the info. Dave G

Archived