Gibson Brands Forums

VERY controversial topic...I know I know...

onewilyfool

Johnt said - On the button Tommy! Thats really something to remember! It doesn't bother me as I am only 58 and my name is Peter Pan.

I'm having you charged with Identity Theft as I my name is Peter Pan!! ( And no, Cunk, Peter Pan is not a wash basin in a cathouse!)

I'm agreeing with Johnt and others here that playing the guitars we have is more important than having many and playing few. Since I bought my SJ-200 I've been neglecting my J-45. Then, when I finally do pull out the J-45 and give it a play I remember that I also love that guitar. Both of these instruments are probably way too good for and old 70's picker and strummer. But hey, they sound great and make me sound better than I would with a much less expensive model. I'm not saying that if I had the $$$$$$ I wouldn't go out and get an AJ, and CJ-165, and a Western Classic, and an SJ!!! But, would I enjoy each as much as I do now only having two real favorites! I have a $400 12er that I enjoy once in a while (what key do you play "Here Comes the Sun" in John?) but don't play it anywhere near as much as my Gibbys. It's kind of like when I was addicted to golf. I wasn't really that great but I really like the equipment. I think I must have had a dozen putters of which you only use one. I did lose one as it couldn't float! I'm stopping now as I can't for the life of me remember what the hell my brilliant point was going to be! lol Keep pickin'!!!

The one great thing about owning multiple guitars is that each one ,while not being perfect, has its own unique charms that force you to play them 'their way'. Once you find the 'sweet spot' it is like no other guitar. And all of us know that variety is the spice of life.

Something as simple as tuning down and using a capo can turn a buzzing/tonally bland acoustic into a real tone machine that ispires new creativity! Just some thoughts...RRod

Archived