Gibson Brands Forums

Ace Frehley Epiphone ???

Bryan K

It's me again, with another Ace Frehley Epi. question.

I still haven't bought one yet ..still looking and bargaining.

My question is:

I thought these were all sold with hard shell cases, standard.

Was there an option on the case styles?

I'm looking at 2 on ebay right now, one happens to be a gray-burst or black-burst, the other is the normal cherry-burst.

Both are being offered with a soft bag.

Any help with this would be appreciated!

Yep! With case. You'd better pre order now because every place is about sold out!

Huh? Pre-order?

Every store I've checked is sold out, and has been for quite a while.

I believe you can only get a AF Epi ...if someone is selling theirs through eBay, CL, etc...

Huh? Pre-order?

Every store I've checked is sold out, and has been for quite a while.

I believe you can only get a AF Epi ...if someone is selling theirs through eBay, CL, etc...

Careful though- there are a lot of fakes in circulation with the old model. Now this Budokan one is coming out that would be the safest bet, IMO. Perhaps the initial orders have been accounted for and there will be more on the way.

It looks like Ace can sell his sig guitars far faster than Slash and Bonamassa.

Careful though- there are a lot of fakes in circulation with the old model. Now this Budokan one is coming out that would be the safest bet, IMO. Perhaps the initial orders have been accounted for and there will be more on the way.

It looks like Ace can sell his sig guitars far faster than Slash and Bonamassa.

OOOoo ...now I see what you guys meant about pre-ordering and the such.

I was talking about the older models and they were refering to the newer ones, which I had no idea there would be more AF models coming out.

I just talked with my AF Guitar expert and he said something to the fact that a newer AF Epi model was coming out in the next few weeks.

He did state that some of the last runs of the older models "did not" come with a HS case.

I think it depends on what YOU want. If I were to get one ,I would get a hard case. There to protect your investment. Your call on the inside lining color IMO. Yes, and also I have read about AF fake gits out there. If you buy, check the sellers reputation.Even If it doesn't come with the case ,you could pick up a good used one

EDIT: There was an interesting thread discussion about the AF LP's this past Spring. Some noted that some of the guitars had Kidney-shaped tuners, and some with the Tulip shaped. Also, if I'm not mistaken,some models had AF's sig on the 12 fret. There was much discussion if "Fakery" was involved. You may want to do a Epi search on that.

I think it depends on what YOU want. If I were to get one ,I would get a hard case. There to protect your investment. Your call on the inside lining color IMO. Yes, and also I have read about AF fake gits out there. If you buy, check the sellers reputation.Even If it doesn't come with the case ,you could pick up a good used one

Well now I want one of these newer ones ...time to pre-order!

799.00 + tax

Here's a link to the newer model:

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Paul/Ace-Frehley-Budokan-Les-Paul-Custom-Outfit.aspx

If your a die-hard KISS fan and can land one of the "Budokan's", You will get a signed COA from AF along with Case candy. I bet those LP's rock with the 3 Pup configuration. I saw KISS in 1976, and in 1980. Both memorable shows. Good luck!

Not totally a die-hard KISS fan.

I used to be before they started putting Ace's and Peter's makeup on other people.

That ruined it for me.

At the least they could have thought up new make-up designs, like with Vinny and Eric.

It's def. not about the music anymore.

I've seen them in concert every year starting in 76 to the break up, saw one make-up show with Eric, then the Reunion and Psycho Circus tours.

I absolutely refuse to see any show without the original formula, or line up.

In my opinion, KISS is only KISS with all original members.

Not totally a die-hard KISS fan.

I used to be before they started putting Ace's and Peter's makeup on other people.

That ruined it for me.

At the least they could have thought up new make-up designs, like with Vinny and Eric.

It's def. not about the music anymore.

I've seen them in concert every year starting in 76 to the break up, saw one make-up show with Eric, then the Reunion and Psycho Circus tours.

I absolutely refuse to see any show without the original formula, or line up.

In my opinion, KISS is only KISS with all original members.

So, What is your decision with the AF git? Just curious.

So, What is your decision with the AF git? Just curious.

I'm going to go ahead and order one through GC.

I'm good friends with the manager (we share the same 1st name)and he says he can make it happen.

I also communicated with John @ AceFrehleyLesPaul.com and he seems to think that this Epi version is superior, even to the Gibson USA version.

He states:

"They cheaped out on the Gibson USA version by not adding binding to the back of the guitar AND they used rosewood on the fingerboard instead of Ebony, like every other Gibson LP Custom has had, since they began making them in the '50's !!!! Very disappointing".

Archived