Gibson Brands Forums

Custom order 68 Custom Les Paul

renegade6

Just received a custom ordered 68 Les Paul Custom reissue. My wife ordered / gave it to me for a 25th Wedding Anniversary / 27 Year Army Anniversary gift. My opinion, she did a great job (with the help of our friends at Guitar Center Nashville) coming up with a uniqe one off guitar unlike anything else in my collection.

Infantry blue with a quilt top, nickel hardware, ebony fret board, Burst Bucker 2 and 3 pickups with coil split and series/parallel switching, black guard (in the case,debating if I want to put it on or not).

Solid body but weights less than 9 pounds and sounds phenomenal

My sincerest thanks to the folks at Gibsons Custom shop for making this great guitar (she gave them the blue Infantry cord off one of my dress uniforms for the color reference, perfect match) our friends at Guitar Center Nashville, and of course my wife for supporting not only my guitar obsession but our Army career. "Army spouse, one of the hardest jobs on the planet"'

Photos really don’t do this justice (need a better camera)

DSCN2467.jpg

Congratulations! It is spectacular to say the least. The finish is really stunning. The coloring and the detail work is truly a testament to the artisans and craftspeople at the Gibson Custom Shop in Nashville. It is truly a work of art as well as, no doubt, an awesome tone monster.

I recently custom ordered a guitar from the Custom Shop (at the urging of my wife) and was equally pleased with the results which was well worth the wait. Michael Mcguire and his entire staff do incredible work there.

I salute your wife too for supporting your habit and your dedication to duty for our country.

Archived