Gibson Brands Forums

Les paul Ultra 2

Philsar

HI

Can anybody help me I have a les paul ultra 2, on Tuesday night I tryed to change the Battery on the Shadow Pickup, took off the cover and lifted the Battery out and out came the complete unit the wires had come off the board dont know where they go have contacted Gibson with no luck, Ok with a soldering iron so could do it mysefy but need to know were to re connect them dont want to put then on the wrong ons so as anybody got a wireing plan

THANKS

G'day Phil, welcome to the forums mate, great group around here, I hope you like the place.

I've got 2 Ultra-IIs, later today I'll try and find one of them to pull the NanoMag compartment off and try and get a few pics for ya'.

I've got 2 Ultra-IIs, later today I'll try and find one of them to pull the NanoMag compartment off and try and get a few pics for ya'.

Just came across this set of wiring diagrams while cleaning out my guitar data, they may be helpful, just right click on the link and choose "Save As".

LP Ultra-II Wiring Diagrams

... just what I needed THANKS mate I will be able to put it back as it should be ....

Now that was Kool!!!

Willy

Very nice clear pics, Rastus.. and great of you to help out, too.

If those battery leads go to a 9 volt "snap" connector, they will likely break again during future battery replacements. Stranded leads are generally very weak where the solder stops wicking up the lead, and any repeated movement will cause 'em to break.

Finding new "snaps" with longer leads would be worthwhile, IMO. Longer leads would permit the battery leads to be tied down or constrained, maybe with a tiny zip tie using one of the holes in the trimmed corner of the circuit board.. or just passing the longer leads thru those holes before being soldered to the locations on the board.

Either way would eliminate or minimize any strain or movement near the soldered joints, and very likely last much longer.

Bill

Hope this is the area you were talking of.

Very nice clear pics, Rastus.. and great of you to help out, too.

If those battery leads go to a 9 volt "snap" connector, they will likely break again during future battery replacements. Stranded leads are generally very weak where the solder stops wicking up the lead, and any repeated movement will cause 'em to break.

Finding new "snaps" with longer leads would be worthwhile, IMO. Longer leads would permit the battery leads to be tied down or constrained, maybe with a tiny zip tie using one of the holes in the trimmed corner of the circuit board.. or just passing the longer leads thru those holes before being soldered to the locations on the board.

Either way would eliminate or minimize any strain or movement near the soldered joints, and very likely last much longer.

Bill

Archived