Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone 339 pro

guitarondy

anyone out there got an epiphone 339 pro. thinking about buying one and wanting peoples reviews about them.dont want to shell out the big bucks for a gibson 339.

Welcome to the forums, there's a great bunch of geet geeks around here, I hope you like the place.

There's been plenty of discussions on the 339 here in recent times, just search for them using 339 as the search term.

anyone out there got an epiphone 339 pro. thinking about buying one and wanting peoples reviews about them.dont want to shell out the big bucks for a gibson 339.

I have one. For the money, it's a really good guitar. Fit and finish is great. After a little set up, plays nicely. A little disappointed with the pick ups(Alnico Classic Pros,) they're ok, but not as nice as the Probuckers on the Ultra model. I've just ordered some GFS Pros.

Only problem I've encountered sofar, I'm not really sure is a problem at all. When the Pick up selector switch is in the middle position, and one pickup turned all the way down, both pups are muted. Only wonder if this is an indicator of a bigger problem. I'm hoping to correct this when I swap out Pups.

Oh, don't drop your pick into the f-hole!

When the Pick up selector switch is in the middle position, and one pickup turned all the way down, both pups are muted. Only wonder if this is an indicator of a bigger problem. I'm hoping to correct this when I swap out Pups.

That's exactly how it's supposed to act, it's wired up as modern dependent, if you want independent wiring you have to swap the wires that go to the tone pot and the pickup's hot lead with the wire that goes to the 3-way switch on your volume pots, I always do this as a matter of course, I much prefer independent wiring.

That's exactly how it's supposed to act, it's wired up as modern dependent, if you want independent wiring you have to swap the wires that go to the tone pot and the pickup's hot lead with the wire that goes to the 3-way switch on your volume pots, I always do this as a matter of course, I much prefer independent wiring.

Thanks, I feel better that it's not really a bigger problem. I may try to correct when I do the swap.

There's quite a few of us here who are waiting to try these without the worry of getting sold a pup.

The size factor is the major plus on these, and the fact that you can coil tap is an added bonus.

Hoping to pick one up this w/e at the Birmingham Guitar Show, but I'm going to be looking very closely at what else is there just in case.

Archived