Gibson Brands Forums

NPD today

awel

Hum, to be honest I am perplexed [confused]

First I found it amazing, then, I compared it to my TS-9 and for a bluesy smooth sound on the neck pickup of my SG 61, I prefer the ts-9.

For a crunch with a lot of attack rhythm sound the BB pream sounds better.

My worry comes from my amp or should I say my amps; I have a boogie transatlantic 15 and a fender hotrod 3 deluxe but I am not happy at all and disappointed.

I am looking for a rock fat sound like Bonamassa in bridge to better days live, or ZZ top waiting for the bus ...

And at the same time a deep and round clean sound that I can coloured with a pedal (TS-9 or BB).

I have had Marshall, boogie, VHT, Fender, Ceriatone, but I cannot find my sound, I think the best I had was my marshall (JCM-900,DSL or TSL) but I am scared of their quality,and even if I like the sound of a head, it is more easy to carry a combo.

pfff life is hard [confused]

Hum, to be honest I am perplexed [confused]

First I found it amazing, then, I compared it to my TS-9 and for a bluesy smooth sound on the neck pickup of my SG 61, I prefer the ts-9.

For a crunch with a lot of attack rhythm sound the BB pream sounds better.

My worry comes from my amp or should I say my amps; I have a boogie transatlantic 15 and a fender hotrod 3 deluxe but I am not happy at all and disappointed.

I am looking for a rock fat sound like Bonamassa in bridge to better days live, or ZZ top waiting for the bus ...

And at the same time a deep and round clean sound that I can coloured with a pedal (TS-9 or BB).

I have had Marshall, boogie, VHT, Fender, Ceriatone, but I cannot find my sound, I think the best I had was my marshall (JCM-900,DSL or TSL) but I am scared of their quality,and even if I like the sound of a head, it is more easy to carry a combo.

pfff life is hard [confused]

Here's the deal, to get that Bonamassa/Gibbons ish tone, you need a Marshall style amp. A Boogie ain't gonna cut it. And you need a full 100 watts, and a 4x12 cab. Some people on here think that it is overkill, and you only need tiny combos (where the F is your inner man? LOL!!!). But it is the headroom and midrange of a 100 watt Marshall and the thump of a 4x12 that produces that sound. A DSL shoud get you in the ballpark. But I'd recommend a Silver Jubilee or a Vintage Modern the most. 800s or JMP Master Volumes will not do it. They are too bright, and they need to be cranked to sound good. Pedals will not give that sound BTW. Also, for speakers I recommend EV 12Ls. They are darker than Celestions, and their better suited for that Bonamassa type playing, but they are very heavy. But I'd put tone before ease if I were you. Also, any Tube Screamer type pedal is great for that lead tone.

Archived