Gibson Brands Forums

What Masterbilts are worth

brannon67

I just bought a dr500p off of CL in the St.Louis area for 225. It had been on there for a while and ha been reduced from a higher price. I think they are not as popular in this area as they are elsewhere for some reason. It is a great guitar.

Very good price for that guitar. I use mine in DADGAD tuning and it sounds VERY good!

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

I now own two fine Masterbilts...AJ-500R and Aj-500M ...I don't know what they are worth, or what they will be worth in the future, however I do know I will never sell either one of mine because of their tone and play-ability. They are the two best value guitars I have ever bought.Even tho they were made in China, I don't think that will affect them in the distant future. If these MB guitars continue to play as well as everyone says they do, and if like all wood guitars, they get better over time, then there will be desire for them in the future. If they are discontinued, even more so. After all, what is the crime of buying a Chinese made guitar? Everything else we buy is foreign! Clothes, TV, Phones, the computer you are now typing on, furniture, watches, cars, stereos,name it, and we eagerly buy almost everything that is foreign (sadly) so what is this distaste all about for buying a quality foreign made guitar? If we had not bought everything else foreign, maybe these guitars would still be made here. I say grab them, and keep them, because they are good guitars! So crucify me!

Archived