Gibson Brands Forums

LGO

blues6123

Gibson LG-O... I have an LG-O that is either a 1970 or 1971. Its serial # is in the 90000"s. It has LG-O engraved in white lettering on the truss rod cover plate. From everything I have read about these guitars, it has become common knowledge through research that they were all "ladder" braced guitars. The only thing that appears a little weird to me, is why my LG-O is an "X" braced unit? Does anyone else have an "X" braced LG-O with a spruce top?

Gibson LG-O... I have an LG-O that is either a 1970 or 1971. Its serial # is in the 90000"s. It has LG-O engraved in white lettering on the truss rod cover plate. From everything I have read about these guitars, it has become common knowledge through research that they were all "ladder" braced guitars. The only thing that appears a little weird to me, is why my LG-O is an "X" braced unit? Does anyone else have an "X" braced LG-O with a spruce top?

Does it have LGO noted anywhere else on the guitar, like an ink-stamp on the inside back? The TRC is the single simplest component of the guitar to change out, so there is no guarantee it is original.

To the best of my knowledge, all LGO's are mahogany topped and ladder braced.

A photo would be helpful

Does it have LGO noted anywhere else on the guitar, like an ink-stamp on the inside back? The TRC is the single simplest component of the guitar to change out, so there is no guarantee it is original.

To the best of my knowledge, all LGO's are mahogany topped and ladder braced.

A photo would be helpful

That is my understanding as well. LG-0s were all mahogany guitars. Spruce top would be an LG-1, 2 or 3. I believe the LG-1 & LG-0 were ladder-braced and the LG-2 & LG-3 were X-braced.

• 4 months later...

I've had 4 LGOs and 1 LG1. Love 'em.

Yah, my last LGO had the Spruce top.

Do you think there's any truth to the rumor that LGO stands for Little Guitar/Zero Features ?

Researching these guitars, you come across a lot of fascinating stories

about people who have carried one with them all around the world.

Archived