Gibson Brands Forums

TOM bridge for Epi ES335

My335

The post spacing, ctr-to-ctr is 2.825, with my digital cals.

2.825?

I'm presuming we are talking Krypto-Units....(kidding)

Best I can guess without looking at it and measuring it myself. (in Krypto-Units)

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Gotoh_Tune-o-matic_Bridge.html?tab=Specs#details

2.913 K.U. - 2.852 K.U. = .078 K.U or roughly:

8/100" or 2/25" Center to center

Do you think that will be a problem?

Willy

Depending upon how the measurement was taken/made, the caliper's reading may vary.. if the measurement was made on the holes of the existing bridge, it may be different if the measurement was made on the posts when they were raised up from the bushings, due to the (often sloppy) fit of the threads.

When asking for help/advice for a particular model, it may be very helpful to others to mention the age and origin of the guitar.. since Epiphone parts often have many small differences in sizes of various pieces of hardware depending upon age and origin.

There may also be markings on the bottom side of the parts (bridge, tailpiece etc) which may indicate to others what specific type of is being asked about.

Without pics of the actual parts, others can only guess about such details if the model and/or parts aren't explained in detail.

Bill

I'm having a lil' trouble locating the proper TOM for my 335. The post spacing, ctr-to-ctr is 2.825, with my digital cals. I've checked Mojo and Stew Mac so far. Any input appreciated.

I'm having a lil' trouble locating the proper TOM for my 335. The post spacing, ctr-to-ctr is 2.825, with my digital cals. I've checked Mojo and Stew Mac so far. Any input appreciated.

That would be about 71.75mm or just under 2 7/8" would it not?

Not meant to hijack the thread but.....

Could anybody tell me if the GFS Large Bushing Tuneomatic Style Gold Bridge

Item ID: B06 has more adjustment than stock Epi bridge? I tried to get this answer from GFS w/o any luck.

Thanks!!

Archived