Gibson Brands Forums

A Couple of Airplane Classics on an LG-1

zombywoof

The other thread with music played on an LG-1 got me to thinkin' about some other vids I ran into where somebody has an LG-1 in their hands . I don't really know anything about these guys but I just find myself liking them - Shaggy Shoes who I gather are out of Italy.

Not sure what is going on - they work when I click them. Anyway, just go check out Shaggy Shoes on Youtube. Look like a fun band to see if you are ever in Italy.

ZW, your link is working fine. I was trying to post one of my favorites, a live version of "Triad" by CS&N from 1970 at Fillmore East. David Crosby's voice at its angelic best, even as his life was spiraling out of control.

ZW, your link is working fine. I was trying to post one of my favorites, a live version of "Triad" by CS&N from 1970 at Fillmore East. David Crosby's voice at its angelic best, even as his life was spiraling out of control.

Isn't the story that McGuinn's refusal to record "Triad" is what led to Crosby quitting the group?

Isn't the story that McGuinn's refusal to record "Triad" is what led to Crosby quitting the group?

Supposedly. Crosby neither confirms nor denies it. Crosby has a wonderful voice, but he doesn't have the best track record as a human being. There's a really interesting "posthumous" recording of Crosby and Nash over-dubbing an unfinished track by Michael Hedges called "Spring Buds". If you appreciate those three, it's an eerie recording.

I still love the early CS&N stuff, but I'm a close-harmony freak. Also love the Brothers Everly (who wouldn't), the Beach Boys (ditto), and the Hi-Lo's (you have to be of a certain age to appreciate that reference).

... Also love the Brothers Everly (who wouldn't), ...

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Everly's vocal forebears: the Delmore Brothers, the Blue Sky Boys (Bolick brothers), the Louvin Brothers, et al.? I'm a huge fan of all of them.

-- Bob R

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Everly's vocal forebears: the Delmore Brothers, the Blue Sky Boys (Bolick brothers), the Louvin Brothers, et al.? I'm a huge fan of all of them.

-- Bob R

Likewise. Can't get enough of'em.

Archived