Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Wildcat on craigslist

Fungus

There's an Epiphone Wildcat for sale in the seattle area on craigslist:

Wildcat

That seems like a fair deal mainly because this guy is honest in acknoledging that the new ones are going for 300 while explaining why he wants 350 with the pick up mod. There's a Wildcat on my local CL (Riverside, CA) it's stock with a asking price of 400.

I thought so too....there's another ad locally for an epiphone dot studio with one of the new skb tsa approved cases...the guy wants 750....he's crazy....a 400 guitar and a 130 dollar case for 750????.....I emailed him, but he assured me he knew what he was doing.....yeah right!

I told him good luck. He is going to own that guitar for life at that kind of pricing.......

I thought so too....there's another ad locally for an epiphone dot studio with one of the new skb tsa approved cases...the guy wants 750....he's crazy....a 400 guitar and a 130 dollar case for 750????.....I emailed him, but he assured me he knew what he was doing.....yeah right!

I told him good luck. He is going to own that guitar for life at that kind of pricing.......

My very first and almost last Epiphone was a dot studio that I got for 300 new. It was a piece of crap and went back for LP Ultra III instead. I think a better deal is a new Dot Deluxe with that beautiful flame job and gold hardware for 399 and I'd get a good case for it seperately and still be way ahead of that deal.

That's exactly what I tried telling the guy....he knows, and you know how some folks are.....you can't tell them anything. I was just trying to help him come back down to reality so he could sell his guitar. Even though I'm moving back to Ohio next week, I think I'll keep an eye on his ad......

5Gf5Kc5Jf3K83Ja3H8c3519595f2da6a016ee.jpg

I'm not at all crazy about the cream plastic pickup mod, even if they are "better" pups.... the chrome on the original pups really sets it apart, in my opinion.

Still, it's a good price, and I'm sure it'll make someone very happy. I hope it ends up in here~

Archived