Gibson Brands Forums

Those P-94s are a nice match for my Sherri

mud guy

What P-90s did you get? Also, where did you get all the chrome replacement parts? I am looking to do the exact same with my Sheraton - P90s and chrome.H Looks great!

Hey whitespike:

As far as I know, those are all the original parts. I bought the guitar used and was told that the original owner removed all the gold by hand, I'm guessing he used brasso or something. He did a good job because there is not a hint of gold left. The pickups are gibson p94s that are in black and gold. Eventually the gold on the pickups will wear off as wel.

Cal

Hey whitespike:

As far as I know, those are all the original parts. I bought the guitar used and was told that the original owner removed all the gold by hand, I'm guessing he used brasso or something. He did a good job because there is not a hint of gold left. The pickups are gibson p94s that are in black and gold. Eventually the gold on the pickups will wear off as wel.

Cal

Thanks for the reply. I am actually thinking of doing the same with Brasso.

I have had a few different pickups on my mind: your P-94s, the Phat Cats, GFS surf 90s or the GFS Rickenbacker tone Vintage Jangles.

I love P90s. But my brothers vintage Jazzmaster has my favorite tone. I'd love to go for something in that arena. Any ideas what would get me closest?

I bought the Sheraton because the neck is absolutely perfect for me. And I like a big guitar body. I play acoustic a lot and am a bass player, so I need something to hold onto!!! Even though I love Fendery sounds, they feel like a toy to me.

Archived