Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Order "modified" 3 pickup R9

renegade6

Here is my new "modified" 3 pickup R9 fresh out of the custom shop. I appreciate the great work the folks at Gibsons Custom shop did on this guitar. VOS finish, custom Bucker pickups with coil splitting, 3 volume and 1 master tone knob. My opinion, has a "beauty of the burst" worthy top, impecable book match and though hard to see from the photos, has a lot of 3D movement in the flame.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

I know that people don't like talking about how much they paid for a guitar, but just out of interest, how much extra did you pay for the custom order?

Hard to say exactly. Ordered two "one offs" in December but more reasonable than I thought. Think Gibson had a price increase after the first of the year so my best advice is to get with a Gibson dealer, tell em what you want and have them get a price for you

I know that people don't like talking about how much they paid for a guitar, but just out of interest, how much extra did you pay for the custom order?

Like most guitars, it is up to the dealer on what the final cost would be. Prices vary. Figure out what you want and contact one of the Gibson Custom Dealers that you normally buy from and have them get you a quote.

Sometimes the wait time to get it is more painful than the price.

Archived