Gibson Brands Forums

Extra Slasher Parts

Rock Boddham

Hello Everyone,

I just completed a pretty cool project. I took a basket-case Epiphone Slasher and completely tricked it out. One problem: I ended up with 2 extra washers with notches on the top surface. I have no idea where they go! I thought they might have come from the pot shafts, but they don't fit over the shaft. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have a picture of the washers handy to post. I will try to post later.

post-42505-055113000 1333479423_thumb.jpg

Did you upgrade the pots ?

Epi have metric shaft pots, and if they were replaced with say CTS pots, they are imperial and have a larger shaft size.

EDIT" where's my manners, welcome to the forums, great place, I hope you like it.

Did you upgrade the pots ?

Epi have metric shaft pots, and if they were replaced with say CTS pots, they are imperial and have a larger shaft size.

EDIT" where's my manners, welcome to the forums, great place, I hope you like it.

Hello RaSTuS,

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. Didn't replace the pots (yet :rolleyes: ). I'm sure once I post a picture of the washers, it will make sense to everyone (but me!).

Rock B.

Here's what they look like:

To be honest I've never seen such washers.

If the guitar is functioning correctly I really wouldn't be to fussed about them, just store them in the case or put them aside in case you find you need them later.

Archived