Gibson Brands Forums

New Weekly Post. Rocky4s 5 Star Albums

Rocky4

album-rocks.jpg

In my opinion, the best rock album ever made. No duds. Every song is a winner. It's got a cool bassy sound which I tend to judge all rock albums by. I wish Guns n Roses Appetite For Destruction would have been recorded with the same technics. Oh well. I never considered Joe Perry to be one of my favorite guitar players until i saw Phil X playing Perrys solos. Perrys guitar work blends so well in the music that it all seems as one. Very well constructed. Steven Tylers lyrics have a "I know something you don't" attitude to them. I bought this album when it came out back in '76. I remember playing it in my room as a teenager on my Pioneer SA 6500 integrated amp with an equalizer and hodge podge speakers that worked very well. I still remember hearing my fan behind the guitars in the opening of Nobodys Fault. I'm a huge music lover. I don't put stuff on as background music. Back then, I put albums on, turned off the lights, sat in my rocking chair and listened.To this day, I love this album as much as I did then. Outside of Back In The Saddle and Last Child, it has the advantage of not being over played on the radio. I know its 36 years old, but you've got to give this a listen.

Archived