Gibson Brands Forums

Axl acting like a spoiled brat again

heymisterk

While were bashin a band we both admired lol,i think the 2 biggest mistakes KISS made < besides breaking up > was, 1.Doing the solo albums,excluding New York Groove,imo i thought it was all terrible. 2. KISS meets the phantom lol,i bet they wish they could undo that one.

Well Ace doing a solo album was a great move (some of his best work!), but the other three didn't seem to care. It's easy to tell that Gene and Paul wanted do "real" KISS albums (even though Gene's album ventured greatly into different areas foreign to KISS. It even had Helen Ready!), and it is REAL easy to tell that Peter wanted out of the music business completely (even though I love his album!). Now, The Phantom was a mistake. But even though it is cannier than The Ohio Express, it was still funny. That's just cause' I never took it too seriously.

Dynasty and I Was Made For Loving You, Unmasked, and The Elder were mistakes. Even though Ace (and Paul and Peter on Dynasty!) wrote some awesome tunes, they should have been on other records. People tell me that KISS's version of 2,000 Man is corny, but it's that "Dynasty Sound" that makes it sound like that. I saw Ace play it live and it sounded like a heavier version.

And I think that KISS got sick in 1978, the disease spread in 79', and by 81' when The Elder came out, KISS died. They should have ended it in 82. Some bands should throw in the towel. The Beatles breaking up was a good move. So was Zeppelin. Bands like The Stones and AC/DC will always be together because they know how to adapt to a generation (and do it well! Unlike KISS in the 80s...) or they know better not to do disco, do crappy concept albums, solo albums or NOT CHANGE THEIR SOUND!!!!!! Things happen for a reason. Gene should have went off and done a solo career or dabbled in other forms of entertainment. Paul and Ace could have either went off on their own or did an offspring band (kinda like Alterbridge to Creed) with Eric Carr on drums. Paul should be doing what Ace is doing IMHO. It's time to hit the sack.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived