Gibson Brands Forums

Axl acting like a spoiled brat again

heymisterk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think Axl was about the coolest front man since Plant; now I just think he's an ungrateful turd.

Well, he is an ungrateful turd (in much as the same way that Sebastian Bach comes off as a speed freak.....), but you cannot deny that he was (WAS!!!) a great singer and frontman.

Now, I used to think that Paul Stanley is one of the best frontmen of all time. I still think he is, but he's his bass player's monkey boy..... I will always love KISS but that Gene Simmons comes off as a turd sometimes. Like Axl, only professional. At least he doesn't show up to shows two hours late and quit in the middle and take it out on the fans that put him on that stage......

Some people refuse to grow up and act like men despite having just about every musician's dream right on their lap. They should give his induction to someone who deserves it and wants it. Dang, where's RUSH? (oh oh, the worms are crawling out [scared] )

What an ungrateful, infantile "man".

IMO the beginning of the end was when he made the band members sign thier rights over to him for the GNR name pffft,he was badazz back in the day,but it seems fame got to him,went to his head and blew a gasket coing out the other end and apparently snatched his vocal cords on the way out.As far as Gene and his monkey boy,those 2 are the higher % why anyone even knows who Ace Frehely is. [flapper]

Guest farnsbarns

Hmm, worrying (only coz I stand to owe a pint) but I bet it still happens. Don't forget, the bet was "this year" not for this event.. Knowing what I do there is a lot at stake if he doesn't attend.

I am preparing myself to buy you that pint though, sounds like he's being a nob again.

I never did like Axl Rose because I always had a gut feeling that deep down he was a patronizing,conceited,condescending,self-centered lout and now in no uncertain terms he has confirmed what I suspected all along.There are some who aren't all big egos even after making it to the top yet there are those that really let their true colours show through when they hit the big time and become insufferable boors.

I never did like Axl Rose because I always had a gut feeling that deep down he was a patronizing,conceited,condescending,self-centered lout and now in no uncertain terms he has confirmed what I suspected all along.There are some who aren't all big egos even after making it to the top yet there are those that really let their true colours show through when they hit the big time and become insufferable boors.

But he's One In A Million [flapper]

IMO the beginning of the end was when he made the band members sign thier rights over to him for the GNR name pffft,he was badazz back in the day,but it seems fame got to him,went to his head and blew a gasket coing out the other end and apparently snatched his vocal cords on the way out.As far as Gene and his monkey boy,those 2 are the higher % why anyone even knows who Ace Frehely is. [flapper]

I am and will always be a KISS fan and I respect Gene and Monkey Boy (my real nickname for Paul is The Acrobat) for their past achievements and the mere fact that they worked as hard or harder than any other bands of the post-Zep, pre-VH 70s rock bands. I don't care for Simmons's personality nor his obvious greed, but I greatly respect that he never gave up. And after all, them two did make the world a better place by co-founding KISS together. And I think Paul's the one who kept the music together over the years. I'm not pro Ace/Peter and anti Gene/Paul like many seem to be (mostly immature Youtube idiots), although I think that Anomaly was better than Sonic Boom (Its still a good album and we're lucky that bands are still giving us good rock n' roll in an environment surrounded with cookie-cutter pop, rap/hip hop, super extreme metal that isn't even heavy IMHO, and so called rock n' roll pretty boy groups like Nickelback. Yeah!), but that's just because Ace never ever fails to please me (I like the Frehley's Comet records and Trouble Walkin' better than the 80s KISS stuff, despite the the double awesomeness that Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick produced together. Not taking away from Creatures, Lick It Up, or Revenge though. I love those records.). I have no problem with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer being in KISS, and technically Gene and Paul have legal rights to dress them up as Ace and Peter, and Ace even said that he doesn't give a damn. But it is the young fans I care about. The young fans that think the real KISS is Gene, Paul, Eric, and Tommy. Not enough exposure to Pete and Ace, and definitely not enough exposure to Eric Carr and Kulick. And despite the fact that I think that Vinnie is a wanker, he wrote a lot of good tunes with them. I am not biased or sided. I use my ears. But I don't think that KISS needs the makeup anymore (they're aging and the makeup and costumes make them look ridiculous in a ridiculous way, not ridiculous in a cool way, like back in the day.), especially now that the 80s and Revenge era stuff is now considered KLASSIC!! They should remove the paint (and Paul, PLEASE WEAR A SHIRT ONSTAGE!!!!!), invite Bruce back and do a Revenge reunion. They could keep Tommy instead too, but just go unmasked. Tone it down. Do what Ace and his band do only with a little more KISS show tactics and on steroids. But I doubt that will happen. It's not impossible though! And I am actually looking forward to hearing Monster!

Guest farnsbarns

I am and will always be a KISS fan and I respect Gene and Monkey Boy (my real nickname for Paul is The Acrobat) for their past achievements and the mere fact that they worked as hard or harder than any other bands of the post-Zep, pre-VH 70s rock bands. I don't care for Simmons's personality nor his obvious greed, but I greatly respect that he never gave up. And after all, them two did make the world a better place by co-founding KISS together. And I think Paul's the one who kept the music together over the years. I'm not pro Ace/Peter and anti Gene/Paul like many seem to be (mostly immature Youtube idiots), although I think that Anomaly was better than Sonic Boom (Its still a good album and we're lucky that bands are still giving us good rock n' roll in an environment surrounded with cookie-cutter pop, rap/hip hop, super extreme metal that isn't even heavy IMHO, and so called rock n' roll pretty boy groups like Nickelback. Yeah!), but that's just because Ace never ever fails to please me (I like the Frehley's Comet records and Trouble Walkin' better than the 80s KISS stuff, despite the the double awesomeness that Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick produced together. Not taking away from Creatures, Lick It Up, or Revenge though. I love those records.). I have no problem with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer being in KISS, and technically Gene and Paul have legal rights to dress them up as Ace and Peter, and Ace even said that he doesn't give a damn. But it is the young fans I care about. The young fans that think the real KISS is Gene, Paul, Eric, and Tommy. Not enough exposure to Pete and Ace, and definitely not enough exposure to Eric Carr and Kulick. And despite the fact that I think that Vinnie is a wanker, he wrote a lot of good tunes with them. I am not biased or sided. I use my ears. But I don't think that KISS needs the makeup anymore (they're aging and the makeup and costumes make them look ridiculous in a ridiculous way, not ridiculous in a cool way, like back in the day.), especially now that the 80s and Revenge era stuff is now considered KLASSIC!! They should remove the paint (and Paul, PLEASE WEAR A SHIRT ONSTAGE!!!!!), invite Bruce back and do a Revenge reunion. They could keep Tommy instead too, but just go unmasked. Tone it down. Do what Ace and his band do only with a little more KISS show tactics and on steroids. But I doubt that will happen. It's not impossible though! And I am actually looking forward to hearing Monster!

Not being funny but are you actually able to discuss anything at all without bringing Kiss into it? Just asking.

Not being funny but are you actually able to discuss anything at all without bringing Kiss into it? Just asking.

That's a good question! Actually, I don't know.....Too many examples to pass up....I tend to mention Rush a lot as well (given their integrity and the fact that none of them are greedy whiners, which they hold over most other classic bands.). I would mention another one of my heroes, Eric Johnson, but he doesn't have any stories. He never made plumber jokes on public TV! DAMN, I DID IT AGAIN!

I feel sorry for Rose, the guy thrives on hate...

I feel the same way...I would hate to be him.

Although he deserves his rep, I don't know how a man at his point could ever face himself to get past it. And to make matters worse, his singing seems to be more of a compromise to try and sound like he once did. It sounds BAD.

From what I can gather, he IS in kind of a spot because it was the first version that was inducted, which is like a validation that he isn't what he pretends to be. I get the impression that efforts to include the AXL band were rejected, which sucks for everyone to be in that spot, but also, totally valid.

All the money in the world would not tempt me to be him.

Spoiled Brat Primadonna - that's what I feel about Rose. He ****ed up the band with his refusal to show up to rehearsals, being late for shows and forcing the original band into the position of being hired guns.

GNR was nothing if it weren't for the combination of Axle, Slash, and Duff and were at their best when Izzy and Steve were there too. It was the chemistry of that group of people together that was great - and to be honest, with both Slash's Snakepit and Velvet Revolver, it's been proven (IMHO) that Axle's presence is not a requirement. The other members of GNR from Appetite through to The Spaghetti Incident all have had more success than Axle.

He's washed up and they'd carried him from the Illusions era up to the breakup. Axle was once great as a frontman, but the antics during the Illusion era were the beginning of his downfall. The final nail in the coffin was his MTV appearance with his Axle Rose Project, as I call them, when he butchered GNR classics. Chinese Democracy has some good guitar moments, but his voice is a joke.

It's quite possible the rest of the original GNR might not have made it without Axle, but the continued success they had after leaving GNR - even Izzy and Gilby's less talked about solo albums - proves that Axle was the weak link in the band and they might have eventually gotten noticed without him, even if it took a bit longer.

Fact is GnR shouldn't even be inducted. They've done far less than bands like Boston, Foreigner, The Cars, Journey and of course Rush but aside from Rush few would consider any of these HOF worthy. (whatever that is?)

GnR are remembered because they came along at one of rock musics lousiest periods and after AFD they farted in everyone's general direction.

Of course this HOF pushes Chaka Kahn for induction every year. so who really cares.eusa_snooty.gif

Fact is GnR shouldn't even be inducted. They've done far less than bands like Boston, Foreigner, The Cars, Journey and of course Rush but aside from Rush few would consider any of these HOF worthy. (whatever that is?)

GnR are remembered because they came along at one of rock musics lousiest periods and after AFD they farted in everyone's general direction.

Of course this HOF pushes Chaka Kahn for induction every year. so who really cares.eusa_snooty.gif

The Rock Hall of Fame is more a business now than anything else... There are only so many Rock bands that really deserve to be inducted... The big name groups of the 60's and 70's for example but not all nor many of them. The Rock Hall of Fame needs to put on a show every year so whether a band really deserve to be there or not some will get in without reaching iconic status...

I just can't believe how ungrateful he is. I mean, here he is about to be next to some of the greatest artists of all time, and he basically gives them the finger. Why anyone would spend money to go see his GNR cover band is beyond me.

In terms of KISS...don't get it; never will, though I do like Paul Stanley. I heard an interview with Simmons once and he came across as a total pr*ck.

Archived