Gibson Brands Forums

'Southern Rock' on the Beeb tonight.

pippy

A bit short notice, I know, but there are four programmes on BBC 4 tonight which will appeal to those who like bands such as The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc.

Starting at 21:00 with a couple of documentaries followed by two episodes of The Old Grey Whistle Test. The first, from 1975, is an 'In Concert' featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Just thought I'd share!

P.

Darn, it'd be nice to burn a bowl and enjoy those with ya, Pip. I'll have to wait for your appraisal. [thumbup]

I'll second that, Cruz!

It might be possible to view them (after they've been broadcast 'live' as it were) on-line by visiting the BBC's iplayer website and downloading them.

As far as the Skynyrd show goes I can already attest to it's qualities; In my youth I watched it when it was originally broadcast......back in '75! [laugh]

P.

I'll second that, Cruz!

It might be possible to view them (after they've been broadcast 'live' as it were) on-line by visiting the BBC's iplayer website and downloading them.

As far as the Skynyrd show goes I can already attest to it's qualities; In my youth I watched it when it was originally broadcast......back in '75! [laugh]

P.

Those were the daze, my friend. [tongue]

Those were the daze, my friend. [tongue]

In addition to the Gibson "Lounge" I think we should also have a Gibson "Front Porch" where we of a 'certain age' can sit in our rocking chairs and shoot the breeze about 'The Good Old Days'........[laugh]

P.

In addition to the Gibson "Lounge" I think we should also have a Gibson "Front Porch" where we of a 'certain age' can sit in our rocking chairs and shoot the breeze about 'The Good Old Days'........[laugh]

P.

Brilliant, Pip. No stairs, if you please, and open-season on anyone under a "certain age". [thumbup]

Guest farnsbarns

Well, I've seen your "grumpy" and you could pass for a real ancient on first impression. [tongue] I suspect there's room enough for you. [thumbup]

It won't surprise you to know that you're not the first to say it.

... The Old Grey Whistle Test. The first, from 1975, is an 'In Concert' featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd.

That's a good show, that one. I kept it on my DVR for weeks until my wife finally erased it. (I think it was out of spite because I watched it repeatedly) :rolleyes:

Archived