Gibson Brands Forums

Need help identifying pickups.

zombiebear

I am restoring a guitar for a friend.

Story:

It's a no-name Japan SG look a like.

His friend gave him the pickups out of his Gibson In the Early 80's.

He put the Gibson pickups in his SG Look a like.

I would like to know if these are true gibson pickups. If you need more pictures, or anything, Let me know.

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_20120420_193924.jpg

Thank you guys!

Any idea on how much these would be worth, if anything?

Interesting question..........To make a profit off them, or to sell them for a realistic price to a real musician ???

They aren't really rare......Or vintage per se.......Check around on e-bay, etc etc..............

I don't feel comfy saying what they're worth money wise....They will sell though...............

The pups are "used" pups that are not a type that would be in high demand. Probably 25-50 bucks each. The most they would be worth would be for someone restoring a guitar to original and need those pups, AND if they were in like new shape, so they might cost 100 bucks or more from a parts vender who specializes in these things, which you aren't. (Just so you know, if you were to see then priced higher at a vender, it doesn't mean that is what you could sell them for or what everyone is paying).

It's cool that you would be concerned or care enough to check. I think it would be worth it to sell them to a parts vender for someone to be able to buy them if they need them, or take them out for future use when you run into someone who could make good use of them.

Archived