Gibson Brands Forums

1998 Les Paul, Limited Edition

Jammin' Joe

I just picked up a 1998 Les Paul with "Limited Edition" on the back of the neck and I'm just wondering if it actually means anything. I'm guessing, from the "research" I did, that it's a Translucent Amber model. But I'm just guessing. Could I send the serial number to Gibson to find out exactly what it is? Thanks.

nDidX.jpg

The term "Limited Edition" by Epiphone covers a lot of ground......Some specific models are listed as to be restricted to a certain number made.....

Some "LE"s are made for only a year or two, and some "LE"s are made for quite a few years; ie, my Epi "LE" white studio LP is still being made,

and I bought mine in 2009..........Some colours are also listed as "LE", and can be relatively rare to find.....Also, some retailers order special

exclusive runs of an Epi model; These may also be labeled "Limited Edition." I hope this helps a little bit for you.....

I had the exact same colour and limited edition in 2001. Got rid but not because the guitar was no good it was just heavy and I'm used to using hollow bodies more. Do wish after looking at that that I still had mine now though.

Great guitar mate!

Pretty guitar indeed..........A friend has offered me one like that one, in a translucent cherry burst.......

Epi Les Pauls are really playable LPs......I own a bunch of them........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......................

Could I send the serial number to Gibson to find out exactly what it is?

HNGD! [thumbup]

Unfortunately no. The serial number only gives you the month and year of manufacture, place of manufacture and production number.

Looks amazing, by the way!

Archived