Gibson Brands Forums

Would you buy this LP?

Australian Sun

Has anyone else been outbid with 1 sec remaining? How annoying is that!

It happens all the time, but if you look at the bid history, the eventual buyer was involved from the beginning. He probably had an autobid placed for $2700 or $2800 set to go at one second. So even if you had bid a bit higher, he would have gotten it for $1 more. Unfortunately it's just the way of eBay auctions. I was recently on the selling side and was quite happy when the bids increased my selling price by $450 in the last 5 seconds. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That's the way it is with auctions. If you really want to score an item you need to put in a bid a few hundred higher than the current maximum. That way if someone out bids you in the last second, your max bid will hopefully counter theirs.

Hard luck! If it helps, I bought my R8 new for 2450 Euros. The guitar you were bidding for went for 2042 Euros at the current AUS to EUR exchange rate so not a huge difference. Maybe it would be worth hunting around to see what you can find if your budget allows you to stretch a little. BTW, R8's are fantastic guitars! Good luck

Archived